Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sometimes ya gotta say thanks in meaningful ways...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:28 PM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sometimes ya gotta say thanks in meaningful ways...

Hi folks,
Some of u may have been on Arrwin's "Run-2-Limerock" earlier on this year and very probably will do his "October run" too ..which he is currently planning.
Not for nuffin' ...but the guy is doing "all this" by way of his own initiative and, also, his good nature. (If you've met him ...you know what I mean.)
Soooooo, in appreciation ...can I make a suggestion? --- for those of us who plan on joining in on his 'October run'. (If some of u consider this a stooopid idea -- fine, I'm sorry I'm kinda shooting from the hip)...
But after reading this... https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/299981-going-to-traffic-court-advice-needed.html
...and knowing the probable outcome ($)...
Can I suggest that we "divide" whatever his fine comes to, amongst all of those who attend the October run, considering it merely our 'entry fee' (but knowing that it is truly 'more' than that, (showing our appreciation for his efforts etc. etc.) but in a very timely and practical way.)

Gerry

For starters ...count me in on both the October run and the 'entry fee'.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey G,

Come on man....just saw this post to divide my unfortunate possible outcome ($$)with the law. It's really not needed...but the thought is truly truly appreciated. Seriously...Rennlist has given me so much already: my car, these great folks in this great community, knowledge, DIY courage, etc. I just thought it'd be a great idea to congregate some of these great folks and their awesome cars in one place. Would be nice to meet people face to face and outside the "virtual" world. It just seems we don't do things like this in the East Coast as much as those West Coast guys do. We'll show 'em.

But seriously...I truly appreciate the awesome thought, but it really is not needed. Just save it for a nice breakfast that morning!
Old 09-20-2006, 06:04 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Arrwin, what ever happened to that East coast meet we talked about recently? Not to hi-jack the thread
Old 09-20-2006, 06:20 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993inNC
Arrwin, what ever happened to that East coast meet we talked about recently? Not to hi-jack the thread
Oops...I was supposed to get back to you guys on renting out Lime Rock, wasn't I? Well...seems like Lime Rock has substantially jacked their prices up over the years and it is now something crazy like $16-20k per day! I went with Metro and we had 100+ participants @ $150/day and I heard they still lost $$. I believe Watkins Glen is only like $8k/day and it's twice as big! So....it's safe to say Lime Rock is out of the running. I would think one of the tracks at Pocono (they divide them into 3 diff. tracks) would probably the most economical. I'm not sure of others as i've only been to Pocono, LR, and WG.

I think a Meet & Drive and then some Go-karting would be extremely fun and competitive!

Any other ideas?
Old 09-20-2006, 07:20 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ooo I like the carting thing. That'd be a blast and a good even way to keep the field honest and a good producer of war stories. Would we do a multi day weekend Meet/drive/competetion? We'd just about have to, to make the drive worth the time for everyone..........problem is where to do it and when.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:20 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Hi Guys,

I was very appreciative of Gerry's email above. There is nothing I need and i'm happy to give back to the community any way I can.

However, I realized there is something that you guys can help with. I will be riding in my 4th consecutive MS Bike Tour (Click here for more info) and the MS Society this year is hoping to raise than $2.1 million. Now...if you know me, I hate asking people for money, but this is for a great cause.

Your donation will provide comprehensive support services, educational programs, and fund a national research initative into the cause, treatments and cure for this chronic disease.

Any contributions that you can make to the Society are greatly appreciated. Anything from $1-$1,000,000 is welcome. =0)

If you would like to contribute, please click on My MS Webpage Link

FYI....the team that I am, "Time Warner Road Inspectors" are currently in 3rd place with over $13,000!

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2006, 06:44 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrwin,

This is a great thing you're doing and I'm more than happy to support you and your team.

Done!!
Old 09-21-2006, 06:58 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Air Kuul TT
Arrwin,

This is a great thing you're doing and I'm more than happy to support you and your team.

Done!!
Thanks a lot Tony!
Old 09-21-2006, 10:48 PM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Take our money, hire the best lawyer you can find and fight these guys. Don't let that guy get away with treating you (us) that way.

Jack
Old 09-21-2006, 11:11 PM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Very honorable thing you are doing Arrwin! I am glad to be able to contribute.

Good luck on the ride and reaching your goal!
Old 09-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cabrio993
Very honorable thing you are doing Arrwin! I am glad to be able to contribute.

Good luck on the ride and reaching your goal!
Hi Cabrio,

Just want to thank you for your very generous donation! Much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:00 PM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Arrwin: Any news on the legal front???
Jack
Old 09-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pedsurg
Arrwin: Any news on the legal front???
Jack
Hi Jack,

I have retained an attorney that does business of fighting traffic tickets around that area. My court date was set for tomorrow, but he requested for an adjournment, which will probably be another couple of months until it is rescheduled.

Thanks for asking. Will keep everyone posted.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:42 PM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Go get 'em tiger. Best of uck
Jack
Old 09-26-2006, 09:54 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pedsurg
Go get 'em tiger. Best of uck
Jack
Roger that ...and LUCK too!

Quick Reply: Sometimes ya gotta say thanks in meaningful ways...