Sponsored by:

Anyone running the new Yokohama ADVANs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 04:53 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Question Anyone running the new Yokohama ADVANs?

Either the ADVAN AD07 or the more civilized ADVAN Sport? This would be for summer only use, of course.

Links:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....VAN+Neova+AD07
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....el=ADVAN+Sport

I've always been a big fan of Yokos because of their old-school stiff feel and great steering feedback and turn-in. I understand the rules may be a bit different for 993s with the light front end--maybe a bit more sidewall flex is acceptable than in a heavy front engine car?

I just removed the well-worn Dunlop SP8000s that came on my car in favor of an early switch to winter tires. The Nokian WRs are actually better driving than the old crusty Dunlops.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:21 PM
stedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just put ad07s on my car. too early to tell, only a couple hundred miles on them. will know more soon.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:31 PM
RallyJon
Weathergirl
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I see from searching that ceboyd has them, too. Also, lots of good reviews of the AD07s in the 996/7 forums. Not much info on the Advan Sports.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:38 PM
TroyN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Haven't used the Advans but just chucked my Bridgestone S03's and got some BF Goodrich TA KDs, and am very impressed. The reviews on Tire Rack were right, very good stick and response, approaching R compounds in performance. I'm not sure how they do it but they even have a 200 treadwear rating! Haven't driven too much on the street but drove them a few hundred miles to and from the track (very good adhesion and progressive at the limit) this weekend. Very stiff sidewalls too.

They seemed a little squirrely on the highway but it was pretty windy this weekend so not sure how much was the tires and how much was the wind gusts. Anyway, food for thought.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:42 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 264 Posts

Have about 2000 miles on advan 07s.... running RS alignment with PSS9s. This is the most progressive tire at the limit that I've had, no surprises, lots of communication. Have had a couple people drive the car and they have made similar comments. Hope that helps.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:23 PM
dmc90025
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just went renegade (not N rated) and bought the AD07's as replacement for the P-Zeros (not a bad tire, just not very aggresive in my view, though they seemed fine this week at Willow Springs). After some time I will report back. I just moved from the E39 M5 so all of this is new to me and so I am trying to take it slow in learning the car (yes, its different) and make the easy mod (tires) to dial it in for track/road.

Quick Reply: Anyone running the new Yokohama ADVANs?