Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

SRD's in a 993... anyone w/ pics & or thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 02:30 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by kalumbian
Now I know. I am using Wedge Engineering brackets in my Corrado. Quality stuff.
I've owned a '92 VR6. It came with Recaros stock, but they were very unsupportive in the lumbar region. I can understand why you went with aftermarket Recaros.

Which brings out a pet peeve of mine. Recaro makes excellent aftermarket seats and very hit-or-miss OEM seats. Interestingly, their airline seats are pretty decent.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:48 AM
kalumbian
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nile13
I've owned a '92 VR6. It came with Recaros stock, but they were very unsupportive in the lumbar region. I can understand why you went with aftermarket Recaros.
The US market seats were made by Recaro, but to slightly different specifications...ones outlined by VW. As such, they were called "sport style"...or something like that.

But yea, I replaced them because of that exact reason.

Originally Posted by nile13
Which brings out a pet peeve of mine. Recaro makes excellent aftermarket seats and very hit-or-miss OEM seats. Interestingly, their airline seats are pretty decent.
Canadian and European cars got genuine Recaro seats...they were very similar to these:
Old 06-19-2008, 03:45 AM
travanx
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my Recaro Speed seat with Wedge Engineering bracket and was curious if anyone remembers or could let me know which holes they mounted their bracket to the car? I see 3 holes on the front and back to choose from.

Quick Reply: SRD's in a 993... anyone w/ pics & or thoughts?