Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

What's the largest Rennlist 993 gathering on record?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kkim
Grrr....
Kelly...open invitation for you: When you eventually make it out here, you are welcome to track my car.

Originally Posted by 993inNC
Wow, very cool. Be safe! While you're there, why don't you see if you could find out what they'd get for a day/weekend.....whatever, as wll as what would be the first available timeframe to rent it. I bet we're a year out!
Will do. I'll try to see what I can find out. I'm sure we wouldn't have a problem using the track on Sundays.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:45 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I need a good P-car, guy bonding, no family or work related road trip!!! In the worst way I'm game anytime, almost anywhere.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:31 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The most 993 TTs at one time for a gathering was probably in my driveway. We had 12 of them one time (just a strange occurance on a typical weekend BBQ day). I need to find that pic. Pretty cool.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:31 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

although its not a mid Ohio or Watkins Glen, BeaveRun just outside of Pittsburgh has a good track, can be rented for the weekend pretty reasonably....likely has more availability than Ohio or Glen since it is relatively new. Not fast...only 1.6 miles can get to about a buck twenty on the back straight...not highly technical...but is fun and there is a ton of room. I'd be more than willing to look into it. It is right off the PA turnpike (I-76) 90 minutes from Cleveland, 3 hours from Buffalo, 4 hours from DC....
Old 09-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Arrwin
Limerock would ROCK! Although, they'll probably want and arm and a leg + more to rent track time there.

Speaking of...i'll be heading up there for DE tomorrow morning.
Just got back from LRP today. Quite a few Rennlisters in that North County Group! Great guys.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveM993
although its not a mid Ohio or Watkins Glen, BeaveRun just outside of Pittsburgh has a good track, can be rented for the weekend pretty reasonably....likely has more availability than Ohio or Glen since it is relatively new. Not fast...only 1.6 miles can get to about a buck twenty on the back straight...not highly technical...but is fun and there is a ton of room. I'd be more than willing to look into it. It is right off the PA turnpike (I-76) 90 minutes from Cleveland, 3 hours from Buffalo, 4 hours from DC....
That would be great!

Originally Posted by Dudley
Just got back from LRP today. Quite a few Rennlisters in that North County Group! Great guys.
Aww...should of stayed for the weekend! It'll be my 1st time there.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:26 PM
gordo993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say we go to St. Louis.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:05 AM
Paddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I would rather hang out in a Pep Boys parking lot than meet at Summit Point- what a dump. IMO

Last edited by Paddy; 09-08-2006 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:20 AM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

If Mid Ohio was an option we could likely get a lot of interest from several areas. From Central Illinois I can be there in 6 hours which is a short drive to hang out with Rennlisters. We definitely need some more events/gatherings.

Gordo, I'm up for St. Louis. Name the place.
Old 09-08-2006, 08:36 AM
993inNC
Race Car

Yeah I'd be game for that, why don't you look into it. I think the idea should be a meeting of RL'ers, the track idea would just be so cool because so many of us track or cars. To do it with a huge group of friends would be even better whether everyone tracks or not, it'd be an appropriate place to meet.
Old 09-08-2006, 10:04 AM
beers4all
Rennlist Member

This sounds interesting. How many others would be up to making the trek?
I certainly could.
Cheers
Old 09-08-2006, 10:20 AM
BIG-BRO
Racer

I'm up for track get together, but it sure would not be an easy event for somebody to pull together as just a Rennlist/993 event. (Insurance, etc....)
Why not use what's already in place ? Next season we should just pick one of the PCA regional D.E. events at a track (pick a region and track) and we all just all register ! We could stake out a section of paddock area for Rennlisters!

It seems like many Rennlisters talk about an event when they get home and other folks here say "Gee, I was there" - we should plan one ahead of time to concentrate on being there.

I saw "Dudley" at Lime Rock yesterday - I think he's hooked on this track stuff !
Old 09-08-2006, 11:18 AM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by BIG-BRO
I'm up for track get together, but it sure would not be an easy event for somebody to pull together as just a Rennlist/993 event. (Insurance, etc....)
Why not use what's already in place ? Next season we should just pick one of the PCA regional D.E. events at a track (pick a region and track) and we all just all register ! We could stake out a section of paddock area for Rennlisters!

It seems like many Rennlisters talk about an event when they get home and other folks here say "Gee, I was there" - we should plan one ahead of time to concentrate on being there.

I saw "Dudley" at Lime Rock yesterday - I think he's hooked on this track stuff !
Not a bad idea, other than most regions cap the number of entrants. We'd have to sell them on being self supporting if not everyone was an instructor (not likely to be the case). ie: we'd have to have enough of our own instructor participants to cover the number of RL'ers that would need to have an instructor.
Not that this is central to everyone, but I know the first settlers region (lower VA) region tends to not have HUGE turnouts at their events. They are a great group to run with and tend to be very flexible......we could consider one of their events at VIR.

for the purpose of full disclosure and in all fairness to my chainyanking of Arrwin about the distance of W.G from him, I am not part of, but have run with FSR and am only 3.5 hours from VIR........my suggestion was for informational and discussion purpose only. No other affiliation......
Old 09-08-2006, 11:23 AM
BIG-BRO
Racer

I'm assuming that we'd be spread out amongst a few run groups, and of course folks that are really interested would have to sign up early in the registration cycle.
If we knew when registration opened for an event (assuming next season at this point), I would do sign up and do VIR. Ya ! Another new track to add to my list.

oops..... I only read the 993 board here and proudly display my "Rennlist" decal, but my track car is not a 993 ...... can I still play ??
Old 09-08-2006, 11:27 AM
993inNC
Race Car

Originally Posted by BIG-BRO
I'm assuming that we'd be spread out amongst a few run groups, and of course folks that are really interested would have to sign up early in the registration cycle.
If we knew when registration opened for an event (assuming next season at this point), I would do sign up and do VIR. Ya ! Another new track to add to my list.

oops..... I only read the 993 board here and proudly display my "Rennlist" decal, but my track car is not a 993 ...... can I still play ??
I'm sure of the run group needs. And yes you can still play. Is it that RS?

Quick Reply: What's the largest Rennlist 993 gathering on record?