Sponsored by:

Fog Light Replacement ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 11:10 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Fog Light Replacement ?

I have to replace a fog light (Drivers Side) and is it an easy task? I havent even looked what it would take but Im assuming you replace it from the inside of the trunk.

Is it an easy task? Since Im having my brakes done in a few hours at a shop this morning, I may just have them do it. Im sure my CD changer and amp are going to be a little bit of a obstacle.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:14 AM
epj993
Rennlist Member

It's a very easy task. Basically, remove the bumperette, remove one screw holding the fog light in place, pull forward and remove the parking & fog light connectors. Reverse the process to install.

Since you're installing a new light, you'll probably need to adjust the beam. Before reinstalling the bumperette, follow the adjustment procedure listed in the owner's manual.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is quite easy and you don't have to go into the trunk at all for this. Take off the buperette. To do this you need to remove the small rectangular plastic piece on the front that covers the rectangular opening. There are two nuts that you need to remove (8mm??). There should be a socket for this in the toolkit that came with the car. If not, you will need a deep socket. Once you remove that, you will see how easy this diy is. I can't remember if you need to take the turn signal light off first or if it was the other way around but one holds one side of the other in. Take a look and see if you want to tackle it but this is not very hard. Just don't drop your foglight as they will break (ask me how I know).
Old 08-17-2006, 11:38 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

This will be my first DIY project then. Ok, 2nd because I replaced a tail light bulb about 6 months ago. Maybe after this I will be hooked on DIY Ok, fat chance because I do not get any pleasure or self fullfillment out of working on cars.

Thanks for the instructions.

Quick Reply: Fog Light Replacement ?