Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Busted for no front plate..anyone want to sell their bracket like this one?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 10:55 PM
LT1
Pro

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Busted for no front plate..anyone want to sell their bracket like this one?

plate bracket

Does anyone have an extra one of these? After a successful two years of no plate, I have to do something as the police are pulling me over.

The site says that they are sold out and haven't responded to e-mail inquiries
Old 08-15-2006, 11:20 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a stock bracket if you want it.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:21 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you could fabricate something as simple as getting 2 pc's of aluminum bending them, attaching part to the holes in plate, and the other to the upperside of front bumper as shown in the pics on that site. for added strength, criss cross aluminum pcs in the back, w/ supporting pc on bottom.
excuse the crude drawing - make something, keep it in car.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:34 PM
Marc in AK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

How much was the ticket? I throw mine on the dash when in a high-police zone......
Old 08-15-2006, 11:34 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Search on DIY plate braket.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:56 PM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

I made one out of an old license plate, cut down and bent appropriately. Took about an hour including time for the paint to dry. The predone kit is nice & saves time, but if you're a little handy you can make a bracket tonight :-)
Old 08-16-2006, 04:35 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The seller is a Rennlister...he's the same guy who did the CNC machined cupholder and had a group buy.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:14 PM
brucec59
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I made up a custom mount that sits lower than the stock location but not as low as the Inventia Concepts bracket. I used two galvanized steel L brackets (similar to pic below) purchased from my local hardware store, and the standard Porsche license plate mount. I screwed the L brackets into the bumper, at the top of the opening (similar to what's shown on the Inventia site). The difference is that with the Inventia bracket, the top of the plate is at the top of the bumper opening. With mine, the plate sits a couple inches higher because the Porsche mounting bracket's attachement points are near the middle of the plate (vertically). I wish I could find a pic of the Porsche part.

Old 08-16-2006, 03:50 PM
Marv
Rennlist Member

Received 1,053 Likes on 564 Posts

Attach it with wires so it dangles just under the trunk, but does not hit the ground. Make it look like it got caught or snagged there.

Next time you are stopped, act surprised and say it was just there and then peek under the nose and say "Oh, my! Not again!"
Old 08-16-2006, 05:31 PM
LT1
Pro

Originally Posted by Marc in AK
How much was the ticket? I throw mine on the dash when in a high-police zone......
The officer let me go, but he is local and I dont think he'll be so gracious next time.

Conundrum: When you get pulled over do you shut her down fast so that the officer doesnt hear your bypass pipes popping away further angering him, or do you let her run the customary 1-2 min cool down while he questions you?

Maybe this question needs its own thread...
Old 08-17-2006, 11:19 AM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw a set-up at a car show last year that was 'interesting'.

It was a lic. plate holder that used the front tow-hookup-hole as the mount point! He just pops the piece of plastic out and then screws in his front-lic-plate when he wants to go out 'driving'. But at the car shows - to keep the front looking 'clean' - he unscrews the holder/lic. plate and pops back in the plastic circular piece. No-one is the wiser!

Neat!

Originally Posted by LT1
plate bracket

Does anyone have an extra one of these? After a successful two years of no plate, I have to do something as the police are pulling me over.

The site says that they are sold out and haven't responded to e-mail inquiries
Old 08-17-2006, 02:44 PM
LT1
Pro

Originally Posted by g_murray
I saw a set-up at a car show last year that was 'interesting'.

It was a lic. plate holder that used the front tow-hookup-hole as the mount point! He just pops the piece of plastic out and then screws in his front-lic-plate when he wants to go out 'driving'. But at the car shows - to keep the front looking 'clean' - he unscrews the holder/lic. plate and pops back in the plastic circular piece. No-one is the wiser!

Neat!
I've seen the link to this setup on the 997 board. I like the easy on/off, but I dont know if I'm crazy about the-off center and higher on the bumper-mounting placement.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

I would also like this bracket if anyone else has one. I exchanged e-mails with the inventia guy (who used to post on this board) and he is no longer making the bracket. I may try to develop a group buy with him. I don't know what his minimum lot size is but will post something if it gets to that point.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:02 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

BTW LT1, your car looks amazing in that picture.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:43 PM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1
plate bracket

How did you pass NJ inspection without the front plate?
Do you think they would pass it if its on the dash visible out the front window?

I have inspection next month and right now I think I'm going to try putting painters tape on the front bumper and using sticky back velcro on the plate and on the tape to temporarily mount it until i get a pass.

Quick Reply: Busted for no front plate..anyone want to sell their bracket like this one?