Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Busted for no front plate..anyone want to sell their bracket like this one?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006 | 11:51 PM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

I started channeling the spirit of Ray Calvo tonight and heard "get away from the computer, ********! You've spent more time talking about a bracket than it takes to make one!"

Since my first bracket was pulled off by a car wash I've needed to make another, tonight I did so after putting the kids to bed. In a follow-on to my DIY Fix Your Varioram With Common Machine Gun Parts I offer Make A Plate Bracket Using Items Commonly Found Around The Home

Elapsed time: 90 minutes, including time to find & charge the camera and wait for the paint on the bracket to dry. Bonus: you get to drink a beer and look at your 993 while you work.
Old 08-18-2006 | 12:08 AM
LuftKopf
Pro

Funny!
I see a "Making of a plate bracket" video on YouTube in your future.
Well done...

Originally Posted by ed devinney
I started channeling the spirit of Ray Calvo tonight and heard "get away from the computer, ********! You've spent more time talking about a bracket than it takes to make one!"

Since my first bracket was pulled off by a car wash I've needed to make another, tonight I did so after putting the kids to bed. In a follow-on to my DIY Fix Your Varioram With Common Machine Gun Parts I offer Make A Plate Bracket Using Items Commonly Found Around The Home

Elapsed time: 90 minutes, including time to find & charge the camera and wait for the paint on the bracket to dry. Bonus: you get to drink a beer and look at your 993 while you work.
Old 08-18-2006 | 09:56 AM
LT1
Pro

Originally Posted by midcont
How did you pass NJ inspection without the front plate?
Do you think they would pass it if its on the dash visible out the front window?

I have inspection next month and right now I think I'm going to try putting painters tape on the front bumper and using sticky back velcro on the plate and on the tape to temporarily mount it until i get a pass.
I went to a local shop last yr who passed me by showing him the front plate and promising that i would have it on as soon as the bracket came in. My inspection sticker is currently 6 months overdue because I still dont have a front plate and I dont think they will pass me if it is in the front window
Old 08-18-2006 | 10:01 AM
LT1
Pro

Originally Posted by ed devinney

I have 2 old plates so I think I'll try this DIY. Great pics Ed!

Quick Reply: Busted for no front plate..anyone want to sell their bracket like this one?