Sponsored by:

Data logging from OBD II 993

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 10:36 AM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts
Question Data logging from OBD II 993

Has anyone found sources for data logging inputs on an OBD II 993? I am looking for a variety of data, like throttle position, RPM, brake force, etc. If you have any info, like where the wire is to tap into, and what the parameters of the signal are, it would be a great help.
I've done some searches, but have not found everything I'm looking for.
Thanks
Old 07-30-2006, 12:47 PM
Don Plumley
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get a fair amount from the OBDII code reader from www.autoenginuity.com. No affilliation - just a customer.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chuck:

Take a look at the AIM MXL. There are some other less costly pure data aquisistion recorders for ODB2 that I have seen advertised in Grass Roots Motorsports and SCCA's Sportcar magazines.

If no one else chimes in shortly with those names, I am happy to find one of the issues and look them up.

Prices are not bad considering how they can help your track driving skills !
Old 07-30-2006, 03:03 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Thanks for your responses. I identified my model year as OBD II, not to use that port as the source of my data, but rather to identify the wiring harness and model year that I have. I hope to tap into other wires such as DME, tach, ignition coil, etc to feed in to a data acquision system that I have already purchased, that has programable inputs, if I can feed it the right signal. But, the wires and voltages are specific. I'm hoping someone out there has already done this, so I don't have to re-invent the wheel, so to speak.

Jim,
I had dinner last night with Will, the owner of your '95 RS Replica. I admire it every time I see it.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

Chuck:

Cool.... Say "Hi" to Will for me.

With regards to the wire taps for your acquisition system, have you checked Robin's P-Car site for info on the ECU pinouts ? My recolection is that Robin's site has the pin out for the ECU.

Have fun !!!
Old 07-31-2006, 01:14 AM
kary993
Drifting

Originally Posted by Chuck Price
Has anyone found sources for data logging inputs on an OBD II 993? I am looking for a variety of data, like throttle position, RPM, brake force, etc. If you have any info, like where the wire is to tap into, and what the parameters of the signal are, it would be a great help.
I've done some searches, but have not found everything I'm looking for.
Thanks
What kind of DA are you using to accept the data?
Old 07-31-2006, 10:03 AM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Kary,
I'm using a Traqmate. It has 4 analog, 2 digital and 1 RPM inputs. The digitals will accept inputs of 0-.5 V in one state, and 3-20 Vin the other state. The analogs can accept a max of 20V. I picked this system based on my assessment that this system has the easiest software to use, and has a decent display.

Chuck

Quick Reply: Data logging from OBD II 993