Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone in N. CA heard of Pac PowerMotorsports?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Mac Schnell
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone in N. CA heard of Pac PowerMotorsports?

I was recommended to Wayne at Pacific Power Motorsports in Concord to do some suspension work on my 993. Anyone heard of them? A websearch reveals they've run cars at the 24-hr Thunderhill event.

Anyone who's heard anything - I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Mac Schnell
Rennlist Member

I guess not!
Old 07-19-2006, 01:31 AM
Jim Morton
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes. If you do a search on "Nor Cal" or "Concord", you should find several posts by recent , first hand customers.

The shop is local to where I work. I have visited the shop. Eric and Wayne seem like nice folks, but I have not personally had work done by them.

Several of my friends have had work done by Eric / Wayne and seem happy with the work performed.

If you are considering having any shop do 993 suspension work along with the alignment, please interview them and confirm that they both understand the kinematic toe on the rear 993 suspension, but also have the specific tool for setting this control arm to proper specification as well as balance of this setting left and right.

Enjoy.
Old 07-20-2006, 09:06 PM
gjtrek
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used Pacific Power Motorsports for some brake work and they were reasonably priced, efficient (did it while I waited one Saturday) and willing to look into other niggling issues with no extra charge. Ran complete diagnostic on engine codes with correct Porsche computer software and pointed out some previously unknown (to me) CEL codes which were previously tripped.

They know 993's, race one and purchase, rebuild/refurbish and resell 993s. If you have any questions call Eric and he will gladly sort things out for you.

Satisfied customer and will use them as my primary 993 shop in years to come. regards, gary
Old 07-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Mac Schnell
Rennlist Member

Thanks, guys. I had them install Bilstein HDs and H&Rs on my C2S. For anyone else who's interested, they really did do a thorough job, and Eric is a stickler for details (Which I really appreciate) Small shop, personal service, and great guys.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:34 AM
JerryW
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They did my annual tech and answered some questions I had in the meantime. Tech was thourough and detailed. Picked me up on a couple of things not on the check list that were worth correcting. If/when I need some work done they will be on my list.

Quick Reply: Anyone in N. CA heard of Pac PowerMotorsports?