Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

ScanTool engine results for 95 OBD 1

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 01:42 AM
raycm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"One question: is there also a section in the scantool.cfg to name the target for the output test? Doing output tests without knowledge what the control numbers means is like to fish in troubled water..."

And from an earlier post in this thread.
"Running the output test is harmless--just keep a fire extinguisher near by! The fuel injectors are very quiet--sometimes you'll need a stethescope to here them. The injectors will trigger first, starting with cylinder 1 and following the firing order. The software unfortunately only displays the number of the output being tested instead of something descriptive like 'Injector #1' After you go through the 6 injectors then there is the evap valve, the idle control valve and the resonance flap test--maybe not in that order though. I believe the 993 also has some additional test but the software doesn't make use of them."

My IACV just buzzes. I don't hear anything change with its test. The rest of the tests have an obvious click sound associated.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
08/15/2006 I found the IACV was dirty. When clean there are 2 distinct clicks. Open click and close click.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ray

Last edited by raycm; 08-21-2006 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-03-2019, 03:22 AM
iiXii
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello here

I m trying to fix my climate.
There is a test "Test output" in scan tool from 1 to 15 in order to test I think. Several test on fan etc.

How I can know which fan is tested ?

For instance test 1 is testing rear blower moteor, test 2 is testing...

Thank you for support !!

Have a good day

Quick Reply: ScanTool engine results for 95 OBD 1