Sponsored by: DashLynx

Opinions of the Fabspeed Maxflo muffler

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 03:56 PM
FLCERIK
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions of the Fabspeed Maxflo muffler

I am looking at different muffler options and am considering the Fabspeed Maxflo. Do you have any opinions or thoughts regarding the Maxflo. I want something louder than stock, but not outrageous.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:56 PM
rkass
Racer

love mine (actually want little more burble but this is pretty good). only downside to some is the resonance at 2400 rpm or so that some find bothersome. I just use it as guide to not lug engine. sound at plus 5k rpm is awesome. don't think you will ever regret. not loud at normal driving either. i didn't like tips that came with mufflers, so cut off ends of my wide tips and welded them to backs of cutoff fabspeed tips - great look and can use maxflos. pretty simple to do.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:40 PM
dhicks
Drifting

I love the sound....I travel with my windows open most of the time so I can listen...........but hate the tips...they stick out on my NB (see avitar) and fabspeed were usless in terms of customer support.

There is some res at 2800 to 2900 revs..
Old 07-12-2006, 06:02 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like another post here today. NO RESONANACE, Pure sexy sound....guaranteed!

Last edited by 993inNC; 02-06-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:21 PM
tsjoel
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 32 Posts

I like my Maxflos much better than the stock setup. Like Rkass said dont lug your engine and you never hear any resonance. I am never bothered by any of the sounds from my mufflers. Remember some people love supercups and others think stock mufflers are too loud so it is a personal preference.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have no resonance at all and love my MaxFlows. I still lust for SuperCups, but probably wouldn't like them on long trips. If someone local has SuperCups and would like to trade for a week or two, I'd be up for it and would do all the R&R work.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:57 PM
Steve Nagata
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Great set of mufflers. The tips are terrible. THe fit is horrible. I cut them of fand re welded some big ovals to them.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:07 PM
FLCERIK
Advanced

Thanks for all the input, I will most likley go ahead with the Maxflo mufflers unless anyone has a better suggestion.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:15 PM
GabiOsz
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do they compare to the RSRs?
Old 07-13-2006, 01:16 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Since you said "better suggestions", I always have to throw my plug in...

I love my GHL's. Great sound, no resonance, nice crackle on decel, great oomph on wot.

Fitment - they are a tad tricky on fit as they are greater in diameter than stock, requiring you to slightly mod your holding strap. I got the GHL tips. Fitment is great, but they aren't the most glamorous tips in the world - kind of barebones chrome pipe looking. They aren't part of the unit so you can opt not to buy tips and reuse your existing tips or find other "pretty" ones.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:29 PM
SwayBar
Drifting

Received 291 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by rkass
love mine (actually want little more burble but this is pretty good). only downside to some is the resonance at 2400 rpm or so that some find bothersome. I just use it as guide to not lug engine. sound at plus 5k rpm is awesome. don't think you will ever regret. not loud at normal driving either.
I agree.
i didn't like tips that came with mufflers, so cut off ends of my wide tips and welded them to backs of cutoff fabspeed tips - great look and can use maxflos. pretty simple to do.
I hate the tips too; your idea is excellent!
Old 07-13-2006, 05:36 PM
pedsurg
Three Wheelin'

Have you looked at the fabspeed header muffler combo. I think it might be fairly new. There's an interesting video on the fabspeed website describing them in detail.

Jack
Old 07-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Analog Theory
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FLCERIK
Thanks for all the input, I will most likley go ahead with the Maxflo mufflers unless anyone has a better suggestion.
I have the Mille Miglia's http://www.millemiglia.com.au/home.html which are loud but not Supercup loud. I believe the loudness rank (quiet to loud) is...

1. RSR
2. RUF
3. Maxflow
4. Monty
4. Mille Miglia
5. Supercup

Love them BUT since they are no longer available in the USA I had to import them myself for nearly $1800 all in (they include wide oval tips already on). I almost stepped up to the RUF's but couldn't justify the $$. Great sound - mean at idle and low RPM.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:00 PM
FLCERIK
Advanced

Now I am looking at the GHL's. I did a search and I can not find any negative feedback on the GHL mufflers. This is a tough decision GHL, Maxflo, or B&B????
Old 07-14-2006, 01:27 PM
BS911
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

Just to be fair, there were a couple negative posts about GHL which I "believe" were mostly related to very customized jobs or for some very high output motors. So while I love the sound of my mufflers and have zero complaints, I would add that there were a couple people who had issues here, but you can judge those threads for yourself. A couple other little items...

One of my GHL mufflers had the little tab that holds it on the support bracket break off. Not sure if it was a flawed weld or if I had it hanging poorly on the tip of the tab instead of down in the joint good. I simply had a new tab rewelded on at home.

The first several hundred miles (which for me is a week) there was some resonance and "droning" sounds right at the 2800 rpm sweet spot range. I think the packing or something settles down over time or something like that. Since then, there is absolutely NO resonance or drone anywhere. Cruising in 6th at 2800 rpms, trying to drive with no throttle load, varied all the way up to full throttle, all in that 2800 give or take range, zero resonance, zero buzzing, just exhaust bite.

I am not affiliated with GHL in any way, just a satisfied customer. They get very little press around here which is why I always try and share my experience. They are also nice to deal with, don't make wildly exaggerated claims, and don't attack other vendors... unlike some other muffler makers.

BETTER YET: https://rennlist.com/spnsrs/ghl.html

GHL gives rennlist member discounts.

Quick Reply: Opinions of the Fabspeed Maxflo muffler