Sponsored by:

Air-Cooled Car Show - Chicago Area

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Air-Cooled Car Show - Chicago Area

FYI, I think that I might drive over to check out this show tomorrow with my son, as we have no special plans this Friday night, 6/30. It could be a fun way to spend an hour or two, plus let my wife have some free time. The weather is supposed to be good.

It looks like some RLers from the 964 forum are planning to go. Anyone else have interest?

Thread in 964 Forum

Flyer
Old 06-29-2006, 07:16 PM
steve g
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We'll be there in the 993...

I received this info earlier in the week -

Hey Beer Nighters,
If going out one night this week to talk Porsches and drink some fine brew is not enough, come on out Friday night and check out my band, the Inline Six, at Ballydoyle Pub in Downers Grove, a fav PCA hangout. Quite coincidently, Friday night in Downers Grove is Cruise night, and this Friday, June 30, is air-cooled cars night. Cruise night is from 6-9 on the streets of Downers Grove, and the Inline Six goes on at 9pm at Ballydoyle. For more info;
on the band and future gigs; http://theinlinesix.com/index.htm
on the Cruise night; http://downtowndg.com/pdfs/2006-car.jpg
Dennis Costis
Old 06-30-2006, 02:45 PM
ARM993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would make the 2 hr drive up tonight if I didn't have plans already. If you guys see other Chicago area events throw them out on the list. Those of us further south have limited p-car events and are looking for some reasons for a short road trip north. Enjoy the evening.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:24 PM
993Porsche
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

Folks going to the show, please take plenty of pictures to share with us Rennlisters. Thanks
Old 06-30-2006, 03:44 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

I'm going. it will give me a chance to show off my new 993.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Deanriffs
Pro

Originally Posted by jaholmes
I'm going. it will give me a chance to show off my new 993.
jaholmes, which 993 was yours? I saw a few driving around, but not parked. I was driving the one in my avatar, and it was parked on the street with all of the 356s, at the end near a black RS America.

I couldn't believe how big that event is! I'm guessing there must be 100-200 muscle cars that show up each week, in addition to the weekly theme cars.

Should have taken pics, but decided against it as the lighting wasn't great. Hopefully, someone else did and will post them.

Last edited by Deanriffs; 07-01-2006 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-01-2006, 02:58 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

I was next to you. Mine was the 993 C4S Metallic Black. I was at the end of curtis street next to the jackass who parked his truck in the way. I think there was an RS America on one side, and a 91 C4 on on the other side, then me then you.

There were a lot of cars but they event sponsors were a pain because they only wanted 1980 an younger to park on the reserved street. I had to argue to even park behind the truck.

There were a lot of nice 356's. We should have taken a picture for the Wide *** vs. Narrow *** since we were side by side.

Maybe our paths will cross again.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:12 PM
LAURIER
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live 3 miles from downtown DG and crused through town in the 993 when i got home from work but it was about 6:30 by then and no more parking. Good show!
Old 07-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Deanriffs
Pro

Originally Posted by jaholmes
I was next to you. Mine was the 993 C4S Metallic Black. I was at the end of curtis street next to the jackass who parked his truck in the way. I think there was an RS America on one side, and a 91 C4 on on the other side, then me then you.

There were a lot of cars but they event sponsors were a pain because they only wanted 1980 an younger to park on the reserved street. I had to argue to even park behind the truck.

There were a lot of nice 356's. We should have taken a picture for the Wide *** vs. Narrow *** since we were side by side.

Maybe our paths will cross again.
Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet, having been next to each other. Indeed, most of the cars were unattended, like ours, I guess. We left our car to check out the other cars after we parked, which seems to be the thing to do there, since they're so spread out.

Your C4S looked great; metallic black is one of my favorite colors and the car is in excellent condition. Hope that you're enjoying it.

Quick Reply: Air-Cooled Car Show - Chicago Area