Sponsored by:

USGP help paddock penthouse or nw vista

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 04:03 PM
josephla
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USGP help paddock penthouse or nw vista

Going to the us gp have choice between paddock penthouse or nw vista.I looked at the seating charts but I would like some input since i have never been to indy before.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:15 PM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 551 Likes on 347 Posts

I attended the first three years and if I remember correctly, the Paddock Penthouse will limit your vision of the actual race to the front straight and maybe some distant parts of the track. You will be able to view the start and finish and whatever they show you on the diamond screens. The NW Vista will allow you, along with a few thousand new friends, to view the front straight and the first 3-4 turns, but from a LONG way off. If you want to "feel" the cars, you'll end up walking down to the infield and standing on one of the spectator terraces. If your penthouse has food provided, all the better...The waits at concession lines are interminable....You can always watch the start from there then stroll down to the infield.

Hope you enjoy the race.

TMc
Old 06-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Brave Heart
Racer

NW Vista would be my choice as TMc said you can see them coming towards you down the start / finish straight - Turn 1 and then into the "Infield" you can see another 3 or 4 turns before your vision is obscured by the ORANGE signage as the blast up the back straight -- there is a Jumbotron screen where you can see some close ups as well -- Take binoculars or even better watch the start then make your way down to the inside of teh track and get as close as you dare --- Watch your eardrums as they punch it up the back straight
Old 06-26-2006, 06:39 PM
John H
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 48 Posts

I've sat in both and the Paddock Penthouse is only good for the pre race activities and the start. I much preferred NW Vista for the race as you get to see turn one thru 6 or so. You'll get dizzy trying to watch the cars fly by in the paddock seats. If you will be there on Saturday, try them both before you decide, if you can get away with that. Saturday is general admission.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Paddock penthouse sucks, IMO. You might as well watch the race from the TV at home because you will only see any action on the jumbotrons. And it is so loud that it will make your ears bleed.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:44 AM
dhicks
Drifting

I have been to every F1 since it returned and would always recommend NW Vista.....its the only choice!!! I will be in the upper deck in Northwest vista

Quick Reply: USGP help paddock penthouse or nw vista