Sponsored by:

OT: Lexus SUV A/C Blows Cold/Hot/Cold

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 01:43 PM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 390 Posts
Default OT: Lexus SUV A/C Blows Cold/Hot/Cold

Sorry for the OT, but would appreciate your knowledable opinions as A/C is not an option in the humid Midwest.

I had no A/C earlier this year so took it to the dealer. The diagnosis was the aluminum lines running to the back passenger compartment were leaking. Dealer wanted $1,500 to replace.

So, I took it to my trusty Porsche mechanics asking him for a workaround as I don't care about my back passengers’ comfort. He was able to remove lines and reseal the system.

However, the A/C now will blow cold, then warm, then cold again (or just visa versa).

Any ideas on what may be causing this?
Old 06-22-2006, 02:17 PM
TRINITONY
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by pegasis0066
Sorry for the OT, but would appreciate your knowledable opinions as A/C is not an option in the humid Midwest.

I had no A/C earlier this year so took it to the dealer. The diagnosis was the aluminum lines running to the back passenger compartment were leaking. Dealer wanted $1,500 to replace.

So, I took it to my trusty Porsche mechanics asking him for a workaround as I don't care about my back passengers’ comfort. He was able to remove lines and reseal the system.

However, the A/C now will blow cold, then warm, then cold again (or just visa versa).

Any ideas on what may be causing this?
Try asking your question here...

http://forum.ih8mud.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

And you can send a PM to cruiserdan (he's the equivalent to viperbob)..he may be able to help you
Old 06-22-2006, 02:29 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Rob,

That sounds like a expansion valve cycling problem. It is possible there were debris in the lines during the repair and now the debris is stuck in the expansion valve causing it not to cycle properly.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:33 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agee with Robin, or he overfilled with "freon" and the pressure is too high causing the a/c condenser to freeze up.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 390 Posts

Originally Posted by texas911
I agee with Robin, or he overfilled with "freon" and the pressure is too high causing the a/c condenser to freeze up.
That is interesting because the dealer did tell me that since the system would be smaller with the lines removed, less freon would be required.

I will look into that as well as the expansion valve cycling problem Robin describes.

Thanks so much.

Rob

Quick Reply: OT: Lexus SUV A/C Blows Cold/Hot/Cold