Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 06:22 PM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsche Tops Quality Survey

Not suprising....

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/06/07/...iqs/index.html

"BMW ranked well below average in the survey with 142 problems per 100 vehicles"
Old 06-07-2006, 06:41 PM
schred
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have seen this before and wonder if this is due to the low number of P cars sold. On the other hand it does suprise me because we all know what a bunch of **** freaks that we are, and I figure that none of us would ever live with any issues without taking it back to the selling dealer. My experience with the new models has been good though, My 05Boxster S has had zero issues and going on almost 10K miles, and it gets driven hard and put up wet, but my 11 and 13 year old ones do not have many issues either.
FS
Old 06-07-2006, 06:42 PM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

But new Porsches aren't built as well as 993s.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:30 PM
schred
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Texas911,
I see you have a water pumper as well. I would not go so far as to say that the new ones aren't built as well as our 993,s . My newer Porsche cars have had more rattles, but as far as mechanical issues, I cannot say that the older ones are better. Different and better in some ways, yes. I am a Porsche lover and to me they are all good, whether they pump water or not, whether the motor is in the rear, middle or front. I would still like to add an older 911 to my stable and mod the heck out of it and make it as wild as my pocket book can stomach.
BTW, how is the temp down there in balmy Houston?
FS
Old 06-07-2006, 07:57 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

schred
Based on many prior posts, I think texas had his tongue firmly glued to his cheek when he typed that pc forum mantra.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:17 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Good to see more brand recognition for Porsche that will only help their future profits. Good for us owners. That said I think all Porsche years are good, and like everything else there are pros and cons you need to weight individually.

For someone who paid/participated in many worldwide consultant and product surveys with various industries in the past, it is just another data point, and should not be considered a decision maker, or maybe even influencer to long term quality. Plus results can be spun for marketing/media. Bet most people in general public didn't read far enough to recognize this only represents the first 90 days of ownership. I think American carmakers made more progress than Hyundai in quality. Why is it just American p/u trucks that always rate so high....thought they share same components with passenger vehicles.

Lastly, I smiled a bit in reading the release. it states Porsche and Hyundai made the most progress with quality. Little apples and oranges to me.

Quick Reply: Porsche Tops Quality Survey