Sponsored by:

Help! Supercharger Install / Oil lines

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 11:27 AM
only993
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help! Supercharger Install / Oil lines

I am Completing a supercharger install and am having a issue with the three lines on the back right hand side of the car ( Passanger Side ). As I understand these 2 of these are oil lines. There is no Provisions for these that i can see. Can someone please help me figuire out were these lines need to connect to. or if they need to be plugged off. There is one smaller one and 2 large lines.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:52 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where'd you get the supercharger? TPC? I'm surprised you're attempting this on your own . . . I've heard its a bitch . . . and that many good shops aren't even in the know on how to install these. Wish I could help . . . there are a few guys around here that have them . . . so hopefully one of them can help you.

Scott
Old 05-31-2006, 12:19 PM
only993
Instructor

yes, it is the TPC unit. I have now completed the install. Yes to confirm it is a bitch. the TPC instruction's are terrible... There are not very many P-car shops around here. Especially that i trust. I have a fairly extensive mechanical backround. I have also installed a LWF/Clutch, Gemballa Coilovers/ RS sways in the car. I aslo fabricated and built a Water to air intercooler for the supercharger. The problem that i am experiencing is that on cold start it is VERY hard to get going, once running everthing is fine, I can shut it off and it will fire right back up, it is just that initial start. So i figuired that it might be a vaccum leak, upon removal of the air filter and intake plumbing i noticed LOTS of oil in the tubes. Thinking about the install i remembered that i could not recall which of the two larger oil hoses went were. I just wanted to know if this would make a difference as i have traced them back to were i thought they went in there original place, but still am unsure as to the location of the two large lines. As far as i can tell one goes back onto the top part of the engine and the other goes into the rubber bellow for the intake tubing. I figuire that all the oil is causing may hard initial start problem. Any advise here would be appreciated.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:10 PM
993c2cab
Rennlist Member

Can't help on the tech. side but am curious of the power gains, and how much more fun the car is to drive!! Let us know.
Old 05-31-2006, 02:11 PM
993c2cab
Rennlist Member

Oh by the way congrats on your oilers.. you bastard
Old 05-31-2006, 02:21 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

curious to know what year your 993 is... i heard you have to get rid of the varioram unit to use the TPC supercharger and it's best for a 95 993
Old 05-31-2006, 03:04 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by only993
So i figuired that it might be a vaccum leak, upon removal of the air filter and intake plumbing i noticed LOTS of oil in the tubes.
It sounds like you overfilled (welcome to the club), usually to clear any starting or running problems caused by this you need to clean the ISV and occasionally the MAF.

Originally Posted by only993
Thinking about the install i remembered that i could not recall which of the two larger oil hoses went were. I just wanted to know if this would make a difference as i have traced them back to were i thought they went in there original place, but still am unsure as to the location of the two large lines.
It shouldn't matter too much unless you overfill in which case you want the hose that is lower on the tank to connect to the oil condensation breather on top of the crankcase, the upper hose should attach to the intake before the throttle body and the tiny hose after the throttle body.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:08 PM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

I have a TPC supercharger on my 1996 C2. I did not do the install, but I am a bit familiar with the set up. I am wondering how the oil lines could get mixed up as they are pretty much 'one way' only as to length, bend, etc... I would not run the engine until this is sorted out. Did you purchase the SC from TPC? Try calling TPC for assistance? Can you post a picture so I can see just what you are looking at? I can look on my car and see what mine are hooked to. I could do this tonight, then I will be out till Sunday late.

Hope you get this sorted out... I love my SC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 04:10 PM
only993
Instructor

Thanks guys, first off my car is a 96 c4, yes you have to get rid of your varioram. Thanks jason that was exactily what i was looking for. Yes LOVE the oilers. GO OIL GO!!! I camped out for 2 days to get tickets. I got them!!! Game 4.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:01 AM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

I hope your car and supercharger are running fine now. After I had mine installed, I took the car to TPC (Jessup, MD) so they could run dyno pulls and fine tune the mapping for more power gain.

Best of Luck to you, and for your special car....

Quick Reply: Help! Supercharger Install / Oil lines