Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help from Hartford (Ellington), CT area??

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006 | 09:12 PM
kpieper
Intermediate

Question Help from Hartford (Ellington), CT area??

There's an iris blue cab on ebay that caught my eye:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RARE-...QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone in the Hartford area know this car or interested in checking it out for me? If so, please email me.

Much appreciated,

Kevin
Old 05-21-2006 | 05:06 AM
jhale
Pro

At first glance, I noticed the spoiler wall needs to be replaced. The seats might look a little tough, some good scuffs next to the driver seat controlers. I would also ask for some more closer up pictures of the top and the rest of the car.
Old 05-21-2006 | 10:17 AM
kpieper
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jhale
At first glance, I noticed the spoiler wall needs to be replaced. The seats might look a little tough, some good scuffs next to the driver seat controlers. I would also ask for some more closer up pictures of the top and the rest of the car.
where on the spoiler are you seeing the problem? I talked to him about the seats, and he said he included that picture with the scratches around the controls as it is the only rough spot.
Old 05-21-2006 | 11:46 AM
kpieper
Intermediate

Also, can anyone make a recommendation for a good PPI in the area?

thanks in advance,

Kevin
Old 05-21-2006 | 11:56 AM
911C2
Racer

Last picture on the second row. You should not be able to see through the rubber wall. it should block the air from passing through entire;y.

Replacemetn part is about $85-$100 depending on source and depending on skills can be doen at home.
Old 05-21-2006 | 01:33 PM
kpieper
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 911C2
Last picture on the second row. You should not be able to see through the rubber wall. it should block the air from passing through entire;y.

Replacemetn part is about $85-$100 depending on source and depending on skills can be doen at home.
OK, I see it now. Thanks
Old 05-21-2006 | 04:13 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kpieper
Also, can anyone make a recommendation for a good PPI in the area?

thanks in advance,

Kevin
Right in the area is Chris Mustante. www.MusanteMotorsports.com
He is very active in PCA. Another shop that is about 45 minutes from Hartford is Hairy Dog Garage. Both are very high quality shops.
Old 05-21-2006 | 10:45 PM
LuftKopf
Pro

While I haven't had work done by either of these shops, (Dan Jacobs @ Hairy was recommended but at capacity when I needed a PPI, so Farnbacher did it, also excellent) I have heard both are very good.
Saw them in action at a PCA event recently and you should be confident that they are disciples of Porsche.

Good luck!

Originally Posted by mo
Right in the area is Chris Mustante. www.MusanteMotorsports.com
He is very active in PCA. Another shop that is about 45 minutes from Hartford is Hairy Dog Garage. Both are very high quality shops.
Old 05-24-2006 | 11:05 AM
JTM
Track Day

Kevin, You can get from Ellington to Musante's Shop in about 20 minutes. Dan's is about an hour. Both good shops however.
Old 05-24-2006 | 10:46 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Sorry I did not read this thread earlier, but perhaps the car has not sold. Ellington is quite close to Chris Musante's shop on route 5.... maybe 20-30 minutes tops.

Chris has done some work for me last fall. Installed Gert's M030s/HD Bilsteins/FEP... did plug change out and 4 corner balancing. I'm pleased with his work... altho not the least expensive job I have had done. But, that said, Chris is a good guy and would do you well.

Give him a ring if you want the car looked at...860-291-9415.

Also, Tony's Imported Auto in Manchester is good as well. Just had some work done there as well. Tony used to work for a Porsche dealer before opening his own shop. I like him and his son.... again, good folks. Again, maybe 30 minutes from Ellington, CT.

Here's their number, too... 860-649-6094

Hope this helps.
Old 05-24-2006 | 11:05 PM
kpieper
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Baggerdude
Sorry I did not read this thread earlier, but perhaps the car has not sold. Ellington is quite close to Chris Musante's shop on route 5.... maybe 20-30 minutes tops.

Chris has done some work for me last fall. Installed Gert's M030s/HD Bilsteins/FEP... did plug change out and 4 corner balancing. I'm pleased with his work... altho not the least expensive job I have had done. But, that said, Chris is a good guy and would do you well.

Give him a ring if you want the car looked at...860-291-9415.

Also, Tony's Imported Auto in Manchester is good as well. Just had some work done there as well. Tony used to work for a Porsche dealer before opening his own shop. I like him and his son.... again, good folks. Again, maybe 30 minutes from Ellington, CT.

Here's their number, too... 860-649-6094

Hope this helps.
the auction ended today, with a no-sale. I was hoping to find someone who could do an unofficial look before i did a PPI, but had no luck. A couple of things made me uncomfortable about the car-He's only owned it a few months, although he said he is selling due to having to move to NM. Also, it has been difficult to get any good pictures from him. I asked for detailed, hi-res shots since I live so far away, and I got shots that looked like they were taken with a cell phone. Some were out of focus (I couldn't even read the option numbers in the photo of the sticker). I'm pretty cautious, and it's hard for me to get comfortable about buying a car I can't see in person, or at least get nice pics of. Thanks for all the info, everyone. The search for a blue cab continues...

Quick Reply: Help from Hartford (Ellington), CT area??