Sponsored by:

NY Tri-State Rennlist Run

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanski
Everytime I try to coordinate a good time, I get stuck oncall.

I have to install a switch at a location at 00:30 on the 28th. I hope to be able to make it.

I'm really looking forward to going...

Deanski
Hope you can make it as well. You have plenty of time!
Old 05-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On call

I hope to make it! It's always Murphy's law when it come to my enjoyment.

Ah, it's only a swap of a switch, but it can always be a PITA as the IDF is up 10 feet. You see, I service THD (The Home Depot) in my area and of course, the switch is in one of those IDF cabinets on the wall 10 feet above the floor. As long as I can get behind it as well without too much trouble it will go quick. But that is never the case for these sites! Next time you're in a Home Depot, and you go to check out, look up on the wall in front and you may see a large black IDF cabinet mounted on the wall. There's another in the back of the stores as well.

I sure hope it goes quickly for me so I can get some rest and join all of you for a nice trip.

I was at the Concours show in Danbury last Sunday and even though I got there late, it still was nice to see some very fine cars! That's until the rain came and it was like someone turned on a light in a room and all the cockroaches scattered. It was every P car for themselves!

We shall see if I'm able to make it and have enough rest. I get to try out the K40 again going up!

Keep your fingers crossed!

Deanski
Old 05-24-2006, 10:29 PM
BiggerTwin
Racer

I will be at Lime Rock on Friday for the practice sessions. It doesn't look like I will be able to make it on Sunday. Have a great drive.

Alan
Old 05-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Deanski
I hope to make it! It's always Murphy's law when it come to my enjoyment.

Ah, it's only a swap of a switch, but it can always be a PITA as the IDF is up 10 feet. You see, I service THD (The Home Depot) in my area and of course, the switch is in one of those IDF cabinets on the wall 10 feet above the floor. As long as I can get behind it as well without too much trouble it will go quick. But that is never the case for these sites! Next time you're in a Home Depot, and you go to check out, look up on the wall in front and you may see a large black IDF cabinet mounted on the wall. There's another in the back of the stores as well.

I sure hope it goes quickly for me so I can get some rest and join all of you for a nice trip.

I was at the Concours show in Danbury last Sunday and even though I got there late, it still was nice to see some very fine cars! That's until the rain came and it was like someone turned on a light in a room and all the cockroaches scattered. It was every P car for themselves!

We shall see if I'm able to make it and have enough rest. I get to try out the K40 again going up!

Keep your fingers crossed!

Deanski
Good luck! And we'll see you on Sunday.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BiggerTwin
I will be at Lime Rock on Friday for the practice sessions. It doesn't look like I will be able to make it on Sunday. Have a great drive.

Alan
No problem. Have fun! Next time.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:47 PM
Moogle
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will there be a Stand21 USA representative at limerock *SUNDAY? they are usually at most race weekends
Old 05-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Default Eating or Not?

Guys,

Can't wait for Sunday...but need your assistance.

I've been having an unexpectedly hard time finding a breakfast place near Limerock for all of us. Seems like there aren't many at all and most will be fairly busy with it being a race weekend and all.

I may be able to set something up for us @ the Interlaken, but I would need to know how many would be joining us for breakfast/brunch. If not, we may have to find a eatery along the way or just end the run at Limerock.

It would be of great help, if you can let me know whether you will be joining us to eat or not.

Thanks!
Old 05-26-2006, 12:50 PM
bigimp65
Advanced

????????? my two sons 9 and 12 want to join the fun...will anyone else be bringing a co-pilot and navigator? or is that a bad idea for some reason? ( I assume that speeds for this large carvan are going to be pretty reasonable at all times)
Old 05-26-2006, 12:53 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bigimp65
????????? my two sons 9 and 12 want to join the fun...will anyone else be bringing a co-pilot and navigator? or is that a bad idea for some reason? ( I assume that speeds for this large carvan are going to be pretty reasonable at all times)
My girlfirend will most likely be joining me, so please feel free to bring whomever you'd like. It will be a great day for the family as well. With it being such a large caravan (assuming everyone comes) i'm pretty sure the speeds will be reasonable.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:20 PM
993 Guy
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Arrwin
My girlfirend will most likely be joining me, so please feel free to bring whomever you'd like. It will be a great day for the family as well. With it being such a large caravan (assuming everyone comes) i'm pretty sure the speeds will be reasonable.
Everyone is welcome...but I suggest that we print out directions so that if we do lose folks along the way we don't have to make multiple stops.

With a larger caravan it can be very difficult staying together and the directions are always a saving grace.

Arrwin...do you want to print them out? Let me know and I WILL be joining for eats along the route. Probably better if we just cruise up there and play it by ear. The Interlaken is cool, but it may be difficult to align the timing of our arrival.

Looks like Sunday will be an awesome day!
Old 05-26-2006, 01:53 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 993 Guy
Everyone is welcome...but I suggest that we print out directions so that if we do lose folks along the way we don't have to make multiple stops.

With a larger caravan it can be very difficult staying together and the directions are always a saving grace.

Arrwin...do you want to print them out? Let me know and I WILL be joining for eats along the route. Probably better if we just cruise up there and play it by ear. The Interlaken is cool, but it may be difficult to align the timing of our arrival.

Looks like Sunday will be an awesome day!
Great minds think alike. I already have the directions drafted. I'll send it to you to proof and i'll start making the copies.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:58 PM
tom97c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will probally be bringing my 13 yr old daughter as co-pilot and assuming she is ok with it we will be eating as well.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:29 PM
nycebo
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

It might be a good idea since there are a lot of cars to post a map of the route in case the group gets a bit separated at lights and what not.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:00 PM
jet190rs
Track Day

hey arrwin,

i'll probably have a friend riding shotgun and we're in for breakfast.

-rich

ps: are most of you guys staying for the show and buying tix online?
Old 05-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jet190rs
ps: are most of you guys staying for the show and buying tix online?
I'll probably be buying tix online.

Quick Reply: NY Tri-State Rennlist Run