Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DACH Catless X-Pipes: Stalling

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 12:24 AM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll check it tomorrow! THANKS! It never happened until I removed the cats though...hmmm.

ADAM
Old 05-01-2006, 08:03 AM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adams993
Chris, you MUST be kidding me! I NEVER blamed the product! I said my car was dying since I got them, not blaming hte product, I'm sure this happens with ALL catless pipes. Geesh. ANYHOW, the secondary o2's are plugged in and hanging ziptied in the engine compartment. WHat is the ISV? How does one clean it!?! Any info is great! Chris, I DO NOT blame the pipes, I know it is a catless issue, not a DACH issue!
ADAM
Just seems to me that when you take the time to specify a name of a product in your post about a problem, then you are tying the problem to that named product (otherwise why specify?). In any case have you checked to see if the post O2's are grounded?
Old 05-01-2006, 01:34 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick
Check for MAFS/throttle body adaptation (I can't explain this well at all but you can encounter issues if the gas pedal is pressed at all while the battery is disconnected
The first time you restart the engine after disconnecting the battery the throttle must be fully closed. The ECU selects the smallest opening angle of the throttle as the idle position and the ECU learns this position on the first start-up. On previous models there was an actual idle switch, the 993 did away with that and uses only a throttle position sensor.

Originally Posted by 993inNC
Just seems to me that when you take the time to specify a name of a product in your post about a problem, then you are tying the problem to that named product (otherwise why specify?).
If Adam had brought his 993 into a shop he would have done the exact same thing and this place should be no different. He's not a mechanic, he has a running problem and the problem only started after he installed your product. The two might not be related but for the purpose of diagnosing this and any running problem it is important to have as much background information as possible. You have no idea how many times when describing a running problem that people forget to mention they just installed something themselves or had a shop do some work, even when you ask them. Everyone ends up running around in circles. If the fault is not related to your product it will come out in this thread and your product will get some positive exposure.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:52 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah, don't worry about it Chris. Like you, I thought the original post was assigning blame to DACH's design, but I'm sure anyone interested in bypass pipes who's reading this thread understands that this is an issue with all pipes, not just DACH. Your willingness to help solve the issue will overcome any other perceptions.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:16 PM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
Yeah, don't worry about it Chris. Like you, I thought the original post was assigning blame to DACH's design, but I'm sure anyone interested in bypass pipes who's reading this thread understands that this is an issue with all pipes, not just DACH. Your willingness to help solve the issue will overcome any other perceptions.
That's where I'm at with it. I want to help the guy, but don't see why THE name has to be used......I mean a by pass is a by pass, a mod like any other.....does a name need to enter into it? I just took it a little personal I guess.....I mean its not like David (DA) and I (CH).... don't spend countless hours making these in our off time.....away from the family and honey do's or anything
Old 05-01-2006, 06:49 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

I put the name in the thread to eliminate ALL variables, and I was SURE that if I didn't put the name, that someone would later ask me what brand they were to help diagnose. Chris, CALL me if you have any issues with my conduct. We can discuss. NOW Let me REPHRASE:
I have eliminated teh cats from my car...now it stalls. They are a generic brand...no idea where I got them. How can I make my car stop stalling?
ADAM
Old 05-01-2006, 07:24 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by adams993
...NOW Let me REPHRASE:
I have eliminated teh cats from my car...now it stalls. They are a generic brand...no idea where I got them. How can I make my car stop stalling?
ADAM
You must have missed this thread, which has some suggestions:
Useful Thread
Old 05-01-2006, 08:36 PM
FLA997
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ritalin anyone? (again)...lol!
Old 05-02-2006, 11:37 AM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Adam...

I don't think your cat by pass pipe is causing your car to stall.

Have you replaced your DME Relay ? IIRC, the DME powers the fuel pump. As the car gets hot, so too will the relay and it may be shorting out intermittently ....causing the fuel pump to act up and affect fuel pressure..ie; poor idling and stalling.

FWIW, I've had my DACH cat by pass for over 3 weeks now and 500 miles. I've had not one driveability issue with the car. It pulls strong and idles perfectly.

Oh...and to say you weren't blaming Chris' by pass pipes as the reason your car was stalling is ridiculous. Your Post Topic states " DACH Catless X-Pipes:Stalling" Not much room for interpretation there pal.....
Old 05-02-2006, 12:52 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

I DO NOT blame chris' pipes. I love the sound and finish of the pipes. I simply have never had my car stall until I removed the cats....and wanted you gys to help me diagnose this problem....it would be if the same if I had some coilover issues and wanted help, but didn't supply the brand of the coilovers which were giving me problems.....I'll look into the DME.
ADAM

Quick Reply: DACH Catless X-Pipes: Stalling