993 Forum 1995-1998

Need PPI in Raleigh/Durham NC

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Luus
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need PPI in Raleigh/Durham NC

Anyone know an excellent mechanic in the Raleigh/Durham area other than European Performance?
Old 04-03-2006, 09:19 PM
mbpa
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Miller Sport in Hilsborogh was recommended to me:

http://www.millersportauto.com/

Haven't been there yet but am planning to when the need arises. Been told that Chuck is slow but good.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:35 PM
greenjt
Racer

Besides EP and Miller, the only options (that i know of) are Leith (Porsche dealer in Cary), Leith Euro in Raleigh on Capital, or Triangle Imports also on Capital in Raleigh. Gary at Leith Euro goes back a ways and knows the air cooled cars well.

Disclaimer: None of these guys has ever done any work for me (knock wood) so i have no first hand experience. I did, however , have my car on a lift with Gary at a PCA tech session last year and he seemed to know the car pretty well.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:53 PM
mbpa
Instructor

If we are throwing dealers into the mix, there is Performance in Chapel Hill. I dealt with them for my emissions inspection (had trouble getting my readiness codes set after the battery was disconnected). The mechanic (I forgot his name) seemed competent enough and knew about the OBDII issues our cars suffer from. He gave me copies of relevant shop docs, which I was impressed by.
Old 04-05-2006, 02:11 AM
993mike
Advanced

I had European do my PPI since chuck at Miller Sports was too busy. European did a thorough inspection for me. I bot my car from Leith.

Quick Reply: Need PPI in Raleigh/Durham NC