Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any '95 993'ers without the baskethandle third brake light?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 02:23 PM
tj90
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I have the basket handle and standard retracting tail. It does not bother me - I actually had a 996 owner (my neighbor) ask me if I knew there was a retrofit for a basket handle for his car!

I have to admit that the later 3rd brake light is very clean and nice, but again my baskethandle is not rubbing me wrong like my amber turn signal lenses and sandblaseted fogs (even after reconditioning)!!!!
Old 03-28-2006, 02:36 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Everytime I try to mount a slimline 3rd brake light on my car, it keeps falling off when I retract the top.

(just trying to add a little comic relief. )
Old 03-28-2006, 02:40 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on 993s w/o a tail, i think the basket handle looks pretty cool (although i might be one of the few who thinks so). i have also seen 964s with a 3rd brakelight mounted on the inside of the rear window; can that style brake light be used with a 993 (it might be easier to install than the standard MY96+ 3rd brake light since it is inside the car)?
Old 03-28-2006, 02:43 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mark....I think that is the coolest lightning rod/weather vane thingamajiggy I have ever seen.....you know where I can order a few of them? or will you sell me the one off your house.........

ZP44
Old 03-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Coleman
Three Wheelin'

Received 120 Likes on 62 Posts

I have just removed mine off my 95, filed the holes and repainted the rear lid. I now just have the rear brake lights.. I'm not a huge fan of the 96-onward third brake light.. it's a bit stuck-on looking.. so I'm thinking about a thin strip of LED's internally, maybe some ultra-low profile Luxeon ones right up at the edge of the inside of the rear window.. I love the clean lines of the car without the basket.. I do understand the need of a high mounted brake light and will fab. something soon...

COleman
Old 03-28-2006, 06:02 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Fellow Rennlist members:
Please forgive this next post, but at the insistance of TheOtherEric I am now posting our private exchange of ideas regarding the Basket handle & RS tail look for you to decide on whether I was too mean to Eric or just standing my ground after being flamed by mistake. I would appreciate any comments to be made via PM.
Thanks and again I apologize for this post.

Originally Posted by TheOtherEric
Actually, you don't offend me at all, becuase everyone knows how big of a dick you are. Nobody really cares about you and your bad attitude.

BTW, sending offensive PM's like yours are not considered acceptable behavior at Rennlist, but as we all know, you don't play well with others, so it's no surprise coming from you. You should limit your cursing and name calling to the actual thread. If you're in the right, people will come to your defense. I encourage you to post the PM you sent me to the thread, if you have the *****.

Originally Posted by ZombiePorsche44
I'm very sorry if you feel offended, NOT!
I try to offer a suggestion for the holes in your decklid and you flame me for not liking the basket handle on 993's with RS tails.
What a putz!
Before you make such comments you should realize I posted my personal opinion of the basket handle before your post describing you car appeared, keeping me from knowing you would be hurt by my retard comment.

As far as having *****, you bet I do!, and I will not let guys like you push me around with your whining about my comments regarding a certain look bolted on some Porsche.

And as far as being in a popularity contest here on rennlist, I didn't know there was one and don't really give a damn one way or the other if you like me.

And since I'll never really give a damn what you think, I'll just move on from this stupid exchange of BS but, since it was your idea, I'll take you up on your offer to go public.

Hope all this does something for you, because it's all BS to me.

ZP44

FYI: Being a big dick is a good thing, no matter what women have told you in the past and putz is not a swear word! .
Old 03-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 553 Likes on 382 Posts

How big of a pain is the wiring process for the third brakelight
None, all the wireing and connectors are there, you just need to switch a few pins.

I didn't do and A, B, C write up but did post an outline w/ pics here
Old 03-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Chris M.
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 82 Posts

i have also seen 964s with a 3rd brakelight mounted on the inside of the rear window; can that style brake light be used with a 993 (it might be easier to install than the standard MY96+ 3rd brake light since it is inside the car)?
The interior mounted 964 third brake light blocks your view more than you would think. At the right distance, it can block an entire car.

c
Old 03-28-2006, 06:46 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

ZP44- You should know that you are in violation of the Rennlist charter, paragraph 5, by posting my PM to you without my permission. In my PM, I never suggested that you post my messages. BTW, you forgot to include the title of your PM: "Get off my ***!".

Here is the charter:
http://www.rennlist.org/charter.htm

Please edit your message above. Thank you.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:40 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

ZP44....out

Last edited by ZombiePorsche44; 03-29-2006 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Kigiin
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 390 Posts

Gentlemen,

Enough already.

Rob
Old 03-30-2006, 12:45 AM
Bladz
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WOW!!! I am amazed at the childish actions!

I really enjoy reading all the post on rennlist and whenever I need help it amazes me how the majority of fellow rennlisters are so eager to help. I am always proud to turn fellow porsche owners on to rennlist but when there is such rudeness and childish actions going on like this Zombie character it makes me shake my head in disbelief of why this individual is so rude to such a great bunch of people. What happened when he was growing up? Did his parents treat him badly, was he picked on in school, did someone not show him enough love? It would be great if this Zombie person could try to smile and treat others like he would like to be treated. I have seen more than one post from Zombie that you can hear the bitterness in his words...why? No one likes a person that is so negative and no one on rennlist has been rude or bitter to him. I guess it would be refreshing to see Zombie to be a positive person and not so quick to say such harsh statements. Smile, be kind and pass it on...if you don't have something positive or nice to say then say nothing at all, or atleast be more diplomatic when expressing feelings about something that someone else is so proud of and worked so hard to get.

Ok I will go back to reading and by the way...I think the basket handle looks great as does spoilers as does any other styles of Porsche. There are several styles and looks available since everyone has different taste. We can all have opinions but there is always a time and place to express them but when we do be considerate of the other persons feelings.
Old 03-30-2006, 12:48 AM
JM993
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I deleted that "wart" from the rear of my car while adding a C2S split grill. One of the "best" mods.....

Joe

1995 Porsche 993
1988 BMW 325is
Old 03-30-2006, 10:06 AM
Porscheologist
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My late model 95 does not have a basket handle. As this is the signature feature of a 95 I almost feel kinda left out.

And enough with the insults guys
give it a break.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:17 AM
burton
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wonder when in the '95 model year run Porsche switched from the basket handle to the 3rd light above rear window. My '95 is a March '95 build and it does not have the basket handle.

Quick Reply: Any '95 993'ers without the baskethandle third brake light?