Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Absolutely PERFECT... nice job Bill.
Old 03-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Adam,

I don't know whether you want to do all RUF but for example for the exhaust, wouldn't it be better to put some bypasses, maybe supercups or something else lighter and better sounding even though it's nor from RUF? If you're not doing the full RUF in any case, then a "compromise" like this wouldn't matter.

I guess I'm suggesting this since that's the way I look at these things (mods), for example this weekend I will put c.f hood in my car even though RS didn't have it. Or instead of 993 RS side skirts I have very cool "993 R"side skirts which are my own "design", never seen before in 993s. (I removed the side skirts completely ).

In any case, mods should be what the owner wants, I don't want to sound like I'm telling you something, just trying to explain "where I'm coming from".

BTW, one question: About those RUF rain gutters of yours. I know it's a fairly big process to remove them, where did you had them removed? I'm not doing mine (I will change the whole roof since I want to get rid of my subroof), just curious.
Attached Images  
Old 03-24-2006, 04:35 PM
993c2cab
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow!! just found my new screen saver/ wallpaper.
Old 03-24-2006, 06:33 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

My car has RSRs with DACH Catless bypasses. And my car has gutters.
ADAM
Old 03-24-2006, 08:24 PM
c993k
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by adams993
Finn: I have contacted RUF Dallas abotu getting a Turbo R conversion done, this is possible. BUT, I would need to bring them the car with a TT engine already installed. THey will not simply take my car with the NA C4S engine and turn it into a Turbo R. The Turbo R swap they quoted me about $35k if I already had the engine. So I would be looking at $50k+ which is more than I paid for the car...lol. As far as the mufflers go....they are simply stock Motorsounds mufflers with vacuum activated bypass valves...and they are SUPER quiet and heavy. And the RUF intake is the same as stock. They dont make any NA engine components for the 993...atleast according to Dallas.
ADAM
Hi Adam
I had two RUF Turbos, one built here and the other was a RUF factory car.
The factory car had a RUF serial number and it was 4X$ the price of the american RUF car. It was also a much more refined and absolutely flawless car with much more performance and reliability. It had a tiny RUF emblem on the front hood PERIOD!!!
That was 14 years ago and everyone at the time use to ask me if it had a RUF serial number. Since then there are RUF Shops popping up like Burger Kings here and sending a car to Germany to get done is cost prohibitive.
However when I see a car that has RUF floor mats, RUF License plate in a RUF License plate frame, RUF emblem right above it, Four more RUF cups on the Wheels, two more on the door sills, RUF on the Steering wheel, RUF on the Tach, RUF on the Speedo, RUF on the dash, RUF on the Key chain, another RUF emblem on the Front! and he gets out of the car wearing a RUF hat with a RUF jacket and a RUF shirt!!! I just think that someone is trying really hard to convince me of something that he has a hard time believing.
I'm just RUFFED OFF! Chris
Old 03-24-2006, 08:45 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Very nice Bill. Nice upgrades and beautiful color.
What exhaust is on your car?
chuck
Old 03-24-2006, 08:50 PM
c993k
Rennlist Member

Bill, your car is absolutely beautiful! I want one too! Chris
Old 03-24-2006, 10:19 PM
adams993
Burning Brakes

I have not nor will I ever claim my car to be a RUF. LOL, that would be demeaning to the brand! My car is simply a Porsche with RUF parts. I didnt want to put Porsche caps on my RUF wheels...as they dont look right. Just like most of you dont put Porsche caps on your Kinesis, or HRE's, etc etc. You are simply using the caps that came with thte wheels which are designed for the wheel. As far as my mats, sills, wheels etc, I simply like the design of the RUF parts more than the Porsche.....
ADAM
Old 03-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 565 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by csertich
Very nice Bill. Nice upgrades and beautiful color.
What exhaust is on your car?
chuck
Thanks for all the kind words!

Exhaust;
Fabspeed cat bypass, RSRs, custom tips- Jet Hot coated blue
Old 03-24-2006, 11:12 PM
ed4198
Intermediate

Looks terrrific, Bill. Mine is almost done as well. Spoiler, splitters, side skirts and S air ducts w/for lamps all on, being lowered as we speak. But no RS wheels. Are yours Speedlines? If so where did you get them?
Nice touch with RS emblems sols on the rear deck. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Old 03-24-2006, 11:29 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ed4198
Looks terrrific, Bill. Mine is almost done as well. Spoiler, splitters, side skirts and S air ducts w/for lamps all on, being lowered as we speak. But no RS wheels. Are yours Speedlines? If so where did you get them?
Nice touch with RS emblems sols on the rear deck. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
I still have to get the scoops

Yes, wheels are Speedline aftermarket(not for Porsche) 9 &10 x18

They came w/ the car, a detail
Old 04-24-2006, 06:01 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I could stare at that color all day long! YUMMY!
Old 04-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Aussie Alan 993
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Bill, ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC LOOK, all the compliments are well deserved. The colour, painted skirts and the best aero kit for a 993 (IMHO).

Did you use OEM parts? The fit of the splitters looks too perfect for aftermarket. But if you did use aftermarket please share the secrets of how to make them fit so well. I'm having trouble making mine fit soooo well.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Did you use OEM parts? The fit of the splitters looks too perfect for aftermarket. But if you did use aftermarket please share the secrets of how to make them fit so well. I'm having trouble making mine fit soooo well.
I bought the full RS aerokit from Gert, that and a wizard body/paint guy(he's done all my work of this sort for the last 30 yrs) is the trick.
Attached Images   
Old 04-24-2006, 11:55 PM
jturbo
Racer

Hey Bill,

Looks awesome! Does the factory RS have the same rear fenders as the 993 S or are they the same as the standard 993? What about the front fenders?

Quick Reply: RS aeropack , Done