RS aeropack , Done

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 12:08 AM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 565 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by adams993
Looks amazing....but I have one question. How is it that he can put RS badges on his car and get no ridicule, whereas when I put RUF badges on mine, i get ripped a new one. Just wondering...lol
ADAM
If it makes you feel any better, by the time I'm done it will be almost full RS spec.
I have installed or have ready to be installed
the RS aero package
the RS brakes
the RS engine
a Cup G50/30
interior and rollbar are improvised but functionally the same as RS

to be purchased
JIC suspension
ERP suspension components
adj. sways

I could have bought a factory RS for what i will have into this, why not go factory? I looked into it but the legal constraints and selection were too much to overcome.

The badge is a vanity, but will be an earned one
Old 03-23-2006, 12:14 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

I saw a 968 race car that color,truly unique !
Old 03-23-2006, 12:16 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks great Bill!

Adam,

Bill's car only has "RS" badge on the back, not "Carrera RS" as the real thing does so anyone who understands a little bit, knows real RS has "Carrera RS" in the back, not "RS".
Similarily, I have "Carrera RSC" (RSClone) on the back so if you know something, you know it's not there to fool someone. I just wanted to give it a name and since it's done with RS back in my mind although not just copying RS, I call it "RSClone".
If some poor old Honda driver things it's RS so be it but everyone who knows Porsches, knows it's a clone.

Your RUF badge however is up there same way as real RUF cars have it. Put "RUFc" or some some other cool combination that has some kind of meaning (at least to you) and maybe you'll get less ripping.

Also, your car isn't that much like RUF 993 BTR or even RUF 993 Torbo R, Bill's car looks similar as RS and has lot of parts same or even better than RS so maybe that has something to do with it too...
Old 03-23-2006, 01:52 AM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flying Finn: My car looks almost identical to a Turbo R. I have RUF Bumpers, RUF coilovers, RUF shiftknob, RUF pedals, RUF door sills, RUF Floormats, RUF Wheels, RUF A-pillar treatments, RUF Exhaust tips, RUF Strut bar, and will soon have RUF gauges, and RUF swaybars. Pretty darn close. I would feel like a poseur if I put a RGT, or Turbo R, or CTR2, or BTR on my NA C4S. My RUF badge is not meant to imply I am driving a RUF, but simply to showcase my parts, like on the centercaps of the wheels etc. Just wondering. Anyhow, I should probably put my flame-suit back on.
ADAM
Old 03-23-2006, 02:16 AM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice Bill. I love the RS pieces . . . and I must say . . . the painted side skirts look damn cool. Love your car!

Scott
Old 03-23-2006, 05:53 AM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

beautiful car..
spectacular.. more pics if possible
Old 03-23-2006, 09:08 AM
abar
Instructor

Flying Finn: My car looks almost identical to a Turbo R. I have RUF Bumpers, RUF coilovers, RUF shiftknob, RUF pedals, RUF door sills, RUF Floormats, RUF Wheels, RUF A-pillar treatments, RUF Exhaust tips, RUF Strut bar, and will soon have RUF gauges, and RUF swaybars. Pretty darn close. I would feel like a poseur if I put a RGT, or Turbo R, or CTR2, or BTR on my NA C4S. My RUF badge is not meant to imply I am driving a RUF, but simply to showcase my parts, like on the centercaps of the wheels etc. Just wondering. Anyhow, I should probably put my flame-suit back on.
ADAM
It doen't have the big oily bits that matter. Sorry.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:22 AM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Perfect.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The color is great, the execution flawless. Well done.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:26 AM
SwayBar
Rennlist Member

Received 326 Likes on 225 Posts

Absolutely beautiful, and bad-***, at the same time; LOVE that color!!!
Old 03-23-2006, 10:57 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

ADAM
OK, the latest photos I've seen didn't reflect that. You have lot of RUF pieces there and surely the car should look cool, I'd look into the engine also, at least exhaust, intake and such.

That's pretty good but I'd personally rather have RUFc (as for RUFclone) or something original like that.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:54 PM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

all you rain guttered people

Old 03-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by superyellowfly
all you rain guttered people

You're just jealous because you can't have a "Rain Gutter Regata" ?!?
Old 03-24-2006, 12:42 AM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

alas.... the humanity... the rejection... the humiliation

just another squirel trying to get a nut

Old 03-24-2006, 01:30 AM
adams993
Burning Brakes

Finn: I have contacted RUF Dallas abotu getting a Turbo R conversion done, this is possible. BUT, I would need to bring them the car with a TT engine already installed. THey will not simply take my car with the NA C4S engine and turn it into a Turbo R. The Turbo R swap they quoted me about $35k if I already had the engine. So I would be looking at $50k+ which is more than I paid for the car...lol. As far as the mufflers go....they are simply stock Motorsounds mufflers with vacuum activated bypass valves...and they are SUPER quiet and heavy. And the RUF intake is the same as stock. They dont make any NA engine components for the 993...atleast according to Dallas.
ADAM

Quick Reply: RS aeropack , Done