Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Chapel hill, NC a good place to live?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Jack of Hearts
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, Robin, I didn't realize you were that unhappy in Cali. I grew up in West Virginian, spent a lot of time in Virginia and Georgia. Someone would have to pay me A LOT of money to go back.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:00 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I might be moving to NC but after living in CA (Los Gatos) for years and now SLC Utah, I think east coast living would be tough. Humidity and I dont click. I hat it with a passon. Salt Lake is a pretty cool place to live. I would not go back to Silicon Valley even if I got a serious raise or opportunity. I like NorCal but have no regrets of evey leaving. All the hype attached to Utah is funny and I dont pay attention to it. I have met the nicest people here and love the mountains and desert. This state could use a few more die hard Lutherns!!
Old 03-11-2006, 12:54 AM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Robin, Chino Hills, it is a very nice area but you are a prisoner of the 91 Fwy, undoubtedly the worst in the Southland. It has to be a big shock to anyone coming from another part of the country. I am just glad I can retire in another 3 years and kiss the daily grind goodby. I would never move back to Connecticut, but the more I see of North Carolina and South Carolina, the better they look.

Quick Reply: Chapel hill, NC a good place to live?