993 Forum 1995-1998

Purchasing out of state car... logistics

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 08:53 AM
993inNC
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by notbostrom
No, I just happen to be another "Ben" who races. NotBostrom is a nickname I sadly aquired after a crash in the chicane at Daytona....
Just went back to my post....where did I get Eric? Must have just talked to an Eric....brain fart Ben, Ben, Ben okay back on the same page. Go over to the racing forum here and that crash will be looked at as a badge of honor and experience based on recent conversations over there.

Okay back to your question.....sorry for the hijack
Old 02-07-2006, 09:54 AM
jnx
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have bought several, and just use the title and a signed bill of sale, no plates at all and have never had a problem. Good Luck.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:28 PM
zwoobah
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought my daily driver in Milwaukee and drove it back to Boston on WI temp tags, while carrying my old MA registration and insurance docs. Luckily, I got it registered and insured quickly upon return home. Less than a week later I got rear-ended to the tune of $5500 in damage, which I found out would not have been covered if I was still on the WI temp tag. Make sure to check with both states' DMVs, you don't want to be on the hook for liability or end up with a smashed car and no coverage.

Quick Reply: Purchasing out of state car... logistics