Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seattle RL'ers - great deal on 2-post 7000lb lift!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 12:53 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 134 Posts
Arrow Seattle RL'ers - great deal on 2-post 7000lb lift!

No affiliation whatsoever, but I just came across a great deal on a used Western 2-post lift and thought I would pass it along. It is WAY to tall for my garage, or I would jump on it. It is a 7000lb model Western lift with "drive over" ramps. The guy is asking $900 and he claims he needs it gone now. Check out www.westernhoist.com I think that it is a Y2K-70/70A, which is the first one pictured. Feel free to PM me and I will give you his phone number. Again, I don't know this guy, but he seems straighforward, and thought I would pass the deal along. Caveat emptor, of course!
Old 01-13-2006, 01:06 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We used a couple of Western's in our shop. One of them leaked fluid from day 1. The other one's motor died after about a year of operation. The warranty was fine though and they did fix them. Of course we use it a LOT more than any home user. The arms are also too tall to fit under a lowered 911. We had too make special arms to fit under these cars. $900 is not a bad price at all though....
Old 01-13-2006, 01:10 PM
TomF
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 134 Posts

Thanks for the info, Bob. After I get my house and garage fininshed, I am thinking about a smaller Western lift. Maybe I should consider a different brand? Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 01-13-2006, 01:50 PM
ed devinney
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 44 Posts

My local guy went with Rotary when he built a new building. Not inexpensive but they've served him well.

I bought his old 2 post lift but haven't been able to install it, as the slab in my barn isn't wide enough! So I'll be selling and moving to a mid-rise, as it appears that some of them will allow for engine R&R, which is essential.

A 2 post is a great thing, but you'll want a lot of room both around and above.

Quick Reply: Seattle RL'ers - great deal on 2-post 7000lb lift!