3rd Brake Light Installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 06:27 AM
964driver
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 3rd Brake Light Installation

Hi,

I have been considering having the 3rd brake light installed, however on speaking to my independent they advised me to have the spoiler type fitted and not the rear screen type. Apparently there has been issues with the rear screen cracking after installation due to heat etc and the fact that the cables are passed through the screen rubbers?? He also said that I need to have the correct screen already fitted? how will I know this?

Is this really a BIG problem? as I also want to fit a lip spoiler but obviously this would look stupid with the brake light spoiler to.

Help pls

Regards

Pete
Old 01-13-2006, 06:41 AM
Bins
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my 3rd brake light installed last year.
They did have to remove the windscreen to do this because the original wiring for it was broken. So that cost an extra £100. I recall they needed to make some holes but I cant remember if it was on the glass or rubber or what.
Either way, Ive not had any problems yet.

A 3rd roof brake light completes the lines of the pcar. I wouldnt bother with the spoiler type. Just spend the extra and get it done properly.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:13 AM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine was not a problem at all, everything was ready. I did the light installation by myself, and it was an easy plugin job after removing the cover that was on the small spoiler on top of the rear window.

Quick Reply: 3rd Brake Light Installation