Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Benefit of Mid weight flywheel

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005 | 04:46 AM
winsome
Instructor

Default Benefit of Mid weight flywheel

Can someone educate me how the MWF can help you in terms of performance? Just came back from a track event and wish for faster response in exiting corner, would it help? I remove the cat for the event which may account for some torque loss which help to spool up the rpm, in same situation would it help?

Thanks

Winsome
Old 12-21-2005 | 05:02 AM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The midweight is great for pre varioram cars as you avoid stalling. On varioram the lightweight is great without stalling issues. Some people with pre varioram 993's have adjusted their ISV's and along with a chip they have no issues either with the lightweight.
The engine with both flywheels have better response for sure and revs better, however I'm not sure how much of an improvement you are expecting. At any rate moving to a midweight or lightweight flywheel with an RS clutch plate is a great thing to do.
Old 12-21-2005 | 11:25 AM
Sooner
Rennlist Member

Someone posted a link in a previous thread about this a while back. It explained how the lighter mass did help acceleration. Try searching on LWF or MWF. For what it's woth, I have the Andial MWF, and think it helps acceleration a bit, though it could all be in my head.

None the less I am happy w/ my decision to go w/ the RS clutch & Andial MWF.
Old 12-21-2005 | 10:01 PM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Is it correct to assume that the (possible) increase in gear noise is the same whether it's a light or mid-weight fly wheel?
chuck

Quick Reply: Benefit of Mid weight flywheel