Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Anybody ever get a "bird dog" when a friend bought a car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 12:19 PM
jimbob's cousin
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still not able to let sleeping dogs lie, huh kdurg? How's the insurance coming?

As for the rest of this pointless thread? A bunch of namby pambys if you ask me. Why is it always so hard for noobies to understand Ray? He's been around these part for more than 7 years now. Becha didn't know he runs his local PCA region (last I heard)?

Lets see here, just for arguments sake I want to make sure I have this right. The original poster brings his friend to his mechanic who is also his friend. First friend buys fancy pants car from second friend. Now, original friend wants money from one of the two friends? Hmmmm, must be pretty good friends - huh? With friends like this who needs..............

Anyway, Merry Christmas to friends everywhere.
Old 12-20-2005, 01:55 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Who cares if Ray has been around 7 years & runs his PCA region......he's still a rude & arrogant person...possibly much like jimbob's cousin.

Merry Christmas..........ZP44
Old 12-20-2005, 02:18 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbob's cousin

As for the rest of this pointless thread? A bunch of namby pambys if you ask me. Why is it always so hard for noobies to understand Ray? He's been around these part for more than 7 years now. Becha didn't know he runs his local PCA region (last I heard)?

Lets see here, just for arguments sake I want to make sure I have this right. The original poster brings his friend to his mechanic who is also his friend. First friend buys fancy pants car from second friend. Now, original friend wants money from one of the two friends? Hmmmm, must be pretty good friends - huh? With friends like this who needs..............

Anyway, Merry Christmas to friends everywhere.
Clearly, you are a dog and apparently not sleeping. Some Pentobarbitone Sodium should help.......

Didn't know Ray ran his local PCA region, thanks for the tidbit of info. What a shining example to see a PCA Leader insult his fellow Porsche Enthusiasts by calling them a "moron" when asked for advice.

You might wanna plug that gaping hole in your face before you incriminate any of your other "old guard" cronies....for that matter even yourself, EJ.

Instead of registering as a new user with one post....why don't you just come out of exile and be true, EJ ?? You know you want to.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:19 PM
mcuozzo
Instructor

You guys in the 'old guard' can keep throwing names and taunts about, but it sure seems none of you can read or understand english so here it goes again:

It was his mechanic\dealer, not his friend who made money and from whom, he should be getting some sort of reward. They are not friends, just business assoicates.

He's not asking for money from any of his friends. In fact his friend who bought the car is the one who brought up the possiblity of some form of $$$ reward.

So Jimbob and Ray, you are both wrong. On many counts. And personally the idea of someone bullying and calling other people names because he has tenure or a postion of (modest, I agree) power disturbs me.

And to those of you that say turn the other cheek or ignore them - just remember that when you are the one being attacked and no one comes to your defense.

For the record the last company I worked for gave employees a $1500 referral fee if someone got hired and worked there for 6 months.

Matt
Old 12-20-2005, 02:25 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Aaaaaahhhhh, the spirit of Christmas. La la la la la!
Old 12-20-2005, 03:49 PM
KOAN
Rennlist Member

Received 162 Likes on 111 Posts

Greg Lewis...you were right ;-)
Old 12-20-2005, 05:38 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

I was "attacked" by Ray a few years back. He called me either an idiot or moron (could have also "cheap). You know what I did - laughed. Ray followed up with a helpful suggestion.

This is the internet! Who cares. In the past, one rennlister even became so upset about Ray calling him a "moron" that he challenged ol' Ray to a fight. How stupid did that look? Something tells me that guy probably changed his Rennlist handle after that. lol

Originally Posted by mcuozzo
You guys in the 'old guard' can keep throwing names and taunts about, but it sure seems none of you can read or understand english so here it goes again:

It was his mechanic\dealer, not his friend who made money and from whom, he should be getting some sort of reward. They are not friends, just business assoicates.

He's not asking for money from any of his friends. In fact his friend who bought the car is the one who brought up the possiblity of some form of $$$ reward.

So Jimbob and Ray, you are both wrong. On many counts. And personally the idea of someone bullying and calling other people names because he has tenure or a postion of (modest, I agree) power disturbs me.

And to those of you that say turn the other cheek or ignore them - just remember that when you are the one being attacked and no one comes to your defense.

For the record the last company I worked for gave employees a $1500 referral fee if someone got hired and worked there for 6 months.

Matt
Old 12-20-2005, 05:56 PM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Seriously--it's not a big deal and yes, Ray always throws in the "use the search function a$$hole", etc things...I too got one when I was new and it is kind of the 'rite of passage' in one way or another.

NOT WORTH EVERYONE GETTING WORKED UP FOR. Please. For those of you around to see the mess over a few pictures a while ago on the 993 board, you know what I'm talking about. For those of you who weren't around, please feel free to visit a few other forums and compare them to rennlist. I recently got an M3 and was expecting rennlist-like people on it. Boy was I wrong.

IMO, Rennlist is the greatest Porsche board, possibly the greatest automotive board, in the world. Let's try to keep it that way and let any off the cuff comments just fly right past you. No need to turn anything into a pissing contest because there really is no winner regardless of the outcome.

ON TOPIC:

I would think if you are all friends that your mechanic would give the guy a great deal on the car and they would BOTH owe you drinks ...maybe you could playfully suggest "hey since I brought my buddy in here don't I get free maintenance or something?" then see what he says. You never know if you don't ask, but the tone and nature of what you say can be seen as a playful gesture if he didn't expect to pay you anything. If he was going to, you may get more than you thought you would. Referrals are everything in sales, so I would imagine that bringing him business should get you a lot of favors down the road, even if it doesn't mean money in your pocket right now.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:26 PM
epj993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/242473-to-all-newer-members-of-the-993-board.html
Old 12-20-2005, 06:32 PM
97Targa
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Good job! I was wondering if anyone would reference Kelly's thread.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbob's cousin

As for the rest of this pointless thread? A bunch of namby pambys if you ask me. Why is it always so hard for noobies to understand Ray?
who is this dude? who's selling insurance? and what the hell is a "noobie?"

this conflict was settled 15 posts ago, remember...it was decided that calvo is an idiot.

Quick Reply: Anybody ever get a "bird dog" when a friend bought a car?