993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"993 R" side skirts (pics).

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005 | 06:17 AM
c993k
Rennlist Member

It just looks perfect, the paint and the way it sits. Great car!
Chris
Old 12-18-2005 | 07:34 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Mika,

Riviera blue... That color is awesome! I think some orange GULF srtipes would be the way to go...
BTW, Mika has been a quest driver in Supercup series twice (first was '93 in Monaco) and he won them both... Until this year, he was only guest to do so. Porsche mechanics who prepped his car etc. said he was unbelievable good in that car. And second BTW, that 964 he drove is here in Florida! I saw it after it was fully restored and even got to sat on it, very cool.

Thanks Mark,

Not a problem, just hop on that foot easy now...

Chuck,
I think I need help, I thought it was Jimmy Dean's chost?

Phil,
I might've modified my car with quite a few RS bits, with more is coming and I'd maybe like different color but I'm not THAT crazy...

Thanks Chris,
Next time SBBC, will you join us?

CHRIS?!?! Congrats man!
Old 12-18-2005 | 11:32 AM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by drmrfi
Ok...
I would have thought you meant Häkkinen. Mika Häkkinen won his first ever race in 911 (Carrera Cup in Monaco, 92 or 93?) outright and was praised to have an extraordinary talent mastering the rear-engined beast.

Since then he has won a couple of F1 championships too

And last year he made a quest appearance in Scandinavian Porsche Cup with 996 Cup car.

Mika
I didn't realize that about Mika, learn something new every day! I said Makinen because (as you can see in his avatar) the car is usually sideways... the Finns have rallyig in their blood, it would seem
Old 12-18-2005 | 11:46 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by csertich
Car looks great. AND I think I see a reflection of Johnny Cash in picture 3, rear fender. If no one else sees it, I promise to get help.
chuck
More like a young Eric Estrada before he starting pimping dirt....
Old 12-18-2005 | 03:33 PM
drmrfi
Instructor

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Mika,

Riviera blue... That color is awesome! I think some orange GULF srtipes would be the way to go...
Yes, I also absolutely love Riviera Blue. Gulf stripes would look nice on a track car, but... maybe too much for me on street

Anyway, I´ve recently put my car on the market, so it could be a job for the next owner...
Winter in Finland is a really quiet period for selling a car like this, so I´ll have a good few months to finally decide if I really really want to sell her...
Although I´m sure I´ll buy another 993 in the future, I´m not too sure at all about ever finding another one in Riviera Blue...

My for sale ad:

http://www.nettiauto.com/viewVehicle..._car=507693&PN

Mika
Old 12-18-2005 | 04:52 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drmrfi
Yes, I also absolutely love Riviera Blue. Gulf stripes would look nice on a track car, but... maybe too much for me on street

Anyway, I´ve recently put my car on the market, so it could be a job for the next owner...
Winter in Finland is a really quiet period for selling a car like this, so I´ll have a good few months to finally decide if I really really want to sell her...
Although I´m sure I´ll buy another 993 in the future, I´m not too sure at all about ever finding another one in Riviera Blue...

My for sale ad:

http://www.nettiauto.com/viewVehicle..._car=507693&PN

Mika
I wouldn't count on it...

For three years, every fall/winter I said I'll sell my 911 (I had in Finland) but every time when spring came...
It took four falls to do it and I have to admit I regret it a bit but I had to let her go since I was only able to drive about 100-200 km per year and it wasn't good for the car even though it was siting in a warm garage.

Good luck anyway, hopefully you'll get another one soon!
Old 12-18-2005 | 07:27 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Finn,
Are you going to be at the 48 hours of sebring? I'm taking my RSC to run the DE, hope to see you there.

Todd
Old 12-19-2005 | 11:36 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Todd B
Finn,
Are you going to be at the 48 hours of sebring? I'm taking my RSC to run the DE, hope to see you there.

Todd
Todd,

I was so going (hotels bookes couple of months ago etc.) since I though finally I can make it there (after missing four previous years) but no, I'm traveling again!

Every year, 48 has been in slightly different dates, yet I always manage to miss it due to travel. I'm really starting to hate this "tradition" that happens every year!
It's not actually 100% sure yet so I've kept my reservation but my chances look very slim.
Old 12-19-2005 | 07:32 PM
Jim W
Instructor

I love your car. Great job. I was thinking about a euro bumper but now I'm torn. How would it look in speed yellow? Are the (lack of) sideskirts the only difference from full RS look?
Old 12-19-2005 | 08:18 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Petu -

GREAT looking car! I love it. Certainly one of the nicest around. However, last time I posted some pics, someone pointed out that its tradition/custom to have the bottom point of the Porsche center wheel crests aim right at the vale stem. I've since changed mine, and now am obsessed with checking out other p-cars for this every time I see one. Seems to be the norm now that I look.

Scott
Old 12-20-2005 | 10:16 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Jim,

You mean euro TT bumper, right? My car has Euro bumper but it's not TT bumper and has RS splitters.

Outside, lack of side skirts are the major difference between my car & RS (I still have the sunroof which I hate a lot, also the little turn signals on the front fenders are missing on my car, headlight washer nozzles are still there although they will go in future).

Thanks Scott,

I remember reading about the whole crest thing but since I'm a rebel, I want to be different!
Old 12-20-2005 | 05:44 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Thanks Scott,

I remember reading about the whole crest thing but since I'm a rebel, I want to be different!
Cool brother . . . its nice to be different sometimes.

Scott

Quick Reply: "993 R" side skirts (pics).