Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C2, or C4

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 12:32 PM
mborkow
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"It's not uncommon to see a 30hp difference from one car to another, yet nobody is sure why"
i've read here, and i chalk this up to urban legend, that the C4s were given the stronger engines at the factory...again, that is just urban legend, but the testing performed on both cars would seem to indicate that in reality the c4 is slightly faster in a sprint from standstill. in theory, the c2 should be faster because of weight, but testing does not confirm this theory.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:50 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Just my guess:

tts are AWD as Porsche thinks people who shell out the $$$$ on a tt expects all the bells and whistles standard on their cars.

GT2 and GT3s are not as the Porsche racing purists perceive RWD cars as more 'pure' as a race car, and Porsche thinks higher % of GT2/3 buyers track or race their cars.

I have no confimation on the above, just my personal perception.

Back to the original question, I have a C2 in my BTR-2 and I love it.

CP
Old 12-09-2005, 01:05 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by mborkow
...i've read here, and i chalk this up to urban legend, that the C4s were given the stronger engines at the factory...
I haven't heard this, but I too would chalk that up to urban legend. It certainly doesn't agree with my experience; my past C4 dyno'd at just 215 hp, which is pathetically low. That car was very slow.

Given the large car-to-car power variations, it doesn't surprise me that one C4 will outrun a C2, while another C4 will lose to a C2.

For more info on car-to-car power variations:
https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/203510-car-to-car-power-variations-a-case-study-long.html
Old 12-10-2005, 02:08 AM
Gemba
Intermediate

I lived in St Louis for 3 years w Boxster - you will drive it in the rain if you get far from home - there are a bunch of really fun roads in MO...I used to just get lost out past Wildwood...So do not rule out the C4

I agree with the gereral assessment find a good one of either model and enjoy!
Old 12-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Reynard38
Pro

GT2's and GT3's are homologated for racing purposes and I believe that the classes they race in do not permit AWD (banned after Audi's domination).
Old 12-10-2005, 12:47 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I ignored the C2/C4 issue and just looked for the best maintained car I could find. In the end I found a very good C4 so I went for that.

I did notice a slight difference between the C2 and C4 in terms of the C2 being more "flexible" feeling when driving and the C4 being a little more planted but that was it. Having said that the AWD is useful when the going gets slippy or of you are driving in rain.

Whetever you end up with if you choose well it will not dissapoint...

Cheers,

David

Quick Reply: C2, or C4