Sponsored by:

Is PA1000 just an immobiliser?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Question Is PA1000 just an immobiliser?

Sorry to be a bit stupid here but I am looking for insurance for my car and it's a 1995 with the separate immobilser "key". In the cars records I think it said that it had had a Porsche PA1000 immobilser/alarm fitted but I've never noticed an alarm and how would it arm given that all I have are car keys and the immobiliser key?

Any ideas? For the UK guys I'm trying to determine if this is a Thatcham category 1 or 2 fixture.

Thanks for any help/information.

Regards,

David
Old 12-07-2005, 01:59 PM
g_murray
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Caveman
Sorry to be a bit stupid here but I am looking for insurance for my car and it's a 1995 with the separate immobilser "key". In the cars records I think it said that it had had a Porsche PA1000 immobilser/alarm fitted but I've never noticed an alarm and how would it arm given that all I have are car keys and the immobiliser key?

Any ideas? For the UK guys I'm trying to determine if this is a Thatcham category 1 or 2 fixture.

Thanks for any help/information.

Regards,

David
Hi,

With mine, if I have the immobilizer ON and, without turning it off, I insert the key into the door-lock and attempt to unlock the door -- the horn goes off -- hey presto - ALARM.

You might try that.

G.

(1996 993 Carrera - totally stock)

Quick Reply: Is PA1000 just an immobiliser?