A poor experience with Manhattan Motorcars' service department

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 11:58 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven_H
Perhaps someone should send a link to this thread to PCNA?
From my experience I don't think that PCNA will care...
Old 11-30-2005, 06:49 PM
pierre_l
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another good one on manhattan motorcars:
my car was maintained there systematically by its previous owner who obviously knew nothing about cars (with wipers changed at every visit for example ...)
when I bought it, I brought it to get theair conditioning checked, they charged 150$ me for a refill and said it was fine, but the ac wasn't even working when I left.
I also asked them to provide me with a new cigarette lighter (missing most likely because of radar detector connection), they charged me 75$ for part and 75$ for labor to install it...
what do you think?
I have never been back
Old 11-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice writeup, JPL. Sorry about your crummy experience.

We had a similar tire experience, when a Louisville Land Rover dealer employee "accidentally ran up onto a curb" and blew a front tire while our car was in their care. The suspension was not damaged. I made them pay for two new front tires and the alignment. I always wondered if some dealer yahoo took the then-new Rangie on some offroad adventure. Couldn't prove it, though.

When I was growing up, we were taught to treat another's possessions better than our own. Seems like that message may have been lost on some of these folks.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:10 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Pierre,

$75 for the lighter and $75 for the installation? That is too funny. I have to know... what were you able to do about that goofy billing? Do you still have the invoice? That is worthy of framing.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:35 AM
JPL 993-C4S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

At MM, on the service representative's desk was a price list for various mods such as fancy seats, PSS9s, et cetera. I wish I could remember the price they charge to install a ValentineOne radar detector... I think it was a few thousand dollars... maybe I should call them to ask for the exact price... in case anyone is interested I will install a V1 for $250 less than they will, just send me a PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:36 PM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Second recommendation on Formula. If you live in the City, really hard to get out to where there be dragons (Jersey & Long Island). I've found no issues with Mark's style...I've learned a lot about suspensions and I feel he is good about helping you prioritize what has to be done when. Shop isn't overcrowede either, and is walkable to the train/subway so easy to just drop off and get back to the City.

Quick Reply: A poor experience with Manhattan Motorcars' service department