Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: 1996-1997 993 Speed Yellow C4S or Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 05:47 PM
JJJMCD
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Cherner (a D.C.-area dealer) has a pastel yellow/nephrite green C4s. They say that it was Porsche's Detroit Auto Show car in 1997 - it has full supple leather, 'Exclusive' wood, silver gauges, stainless sills, factory highly polished Technology wheels and a factory Aerokit rear wing. It also has a TPC supercharger and intercooler. It has around 38,000 miles. Cherner has it on consignment for a local doctor. I have no affiliation with Cherner, but I thought that someone here would be interested in it. The contact info for Cherner is available at: http://www.cherner.com/classiccars/index.asp
Old 11-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Cor2nir
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I called on the Yellow Turbo in Southern Cal. The car is actaully Fly aka Ferrari Yellow. Its a 3 owner he said, I ran the carfax and it said 4 owner so maybe title transfer or something. Also he told me he bought the car a few years ago from a dealer and the front and rear bumpers were done before he bought it by Beverly Hills Porsche. I guess the previous owner or maybe first owner was Dennis Rodman as well. I am not sure if I am sold on the front and rear bumpers the guy also said the car has speedlines on it. What you guys think. The guy has keys and owners manual but not too many previous records he has put 5k miles on it in 3 years.

Corey
Old 11-09-2005, 09:08 AM
robroy72
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Corey

It just doesn't look right to me. I wouldn't touch it - and thats with it being my favourite of all the available yellows.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Cor2nir
Racer

I think I am going to wait as well. I don't want to buy the wrong car and have to deal with selling it. I am also looking at C4'S as well but I really want to buy from a Rennlister or Private Party. I think its best for me to wait for the right car. I might look at a 993 Coupe now just to drive around before I find my Ultimate Yellow Porsche so at least I will still be driving around in a Porsche as I just sold my Bmw X5. Keep the comments coming guys. Also I will take a Speed Yellow or Fly Yellow 993 C4S or 993 Turbo.

Corey
Old 11-13-2005, 11:43 AM
robroy72
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.holtmotorsports.com/inven...=40&vin=321327
Old 11-13-2005, 01:55 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

That interior is pretty wild! ( dont like it BTW)
http://www.getauto.com/autolinks_car...299XVS322137#1
Old 11-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Cor2nir
Racer

Allan,

I talked to Tim Holt about a week or so ago about that car seems very nice, I really want to buy the right car and the top of my list is a turbo but if I settle for a C4S I want low miles and mint.

I am only looking at Speed Yellow and Fly Yellow, sorry don't like pastel yellow. Keep the posts coming. Someone find me a nice Speed Yellow Turbo.

Corey
Old 11-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Cor2nir
Racer

Alright well here is an update. I have located two cars that are both C4S's and fit my criteria. One is Fly Yellow and the other is Speed Yellow. They are both 96's and have within 8k miles difference. Both lower mileaged cars under 35k miles. I am still trying to decide if I want Speed Yellow or Fly Yellow. I have been in contact with both owners and plan to do a PPI on one of the cars next week sometime. Both owners are very knowledgeable and seem to be vrey honest and up front with everything. FYI this is why I wanted to buy from a Rennlister versus a ebayer or dealer. I am going to have a PPI done but I wanted to know your guys opinion on a compression test? Also I use to own a turbo and I have been researching these C4S's lately. Is there any other things that I really need to have checked out or ask about. I asked about all the basics and as well as the CEL problems as they both are 96's. Sorry this post is a little longer. Although I am going to end up buying a C4S now I still want a Turbo and I will enjoy the C4S untill the right Turbo comes my way. Let me know your opinions.

Thanks

Corey
Old 11-19-2005, 07:37 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

All things being equal between the 2 cars, I'd go w/ Fly Yellow as it's a more unique color than SY... special order??

Still... wish I had choices like this when I was looking for cars. Really can't go wrong with either.

Good luck
Old 11-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Cor2nir
Racer

Kelly,

Thanks for the opinion I have got pics of both cars and still deciding. I am going to make a decision with the next day or two and get a PPI done and a compression test. Hopefully the one I pick passes everything. Keep throwing opinions at me especially on whether you think a compression test is a good idea or doesn't matter for a C4S.

Thanks

Corey
Old 11-20-2005, 06:52 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cor2nir
Keep throwing opinions at me especially on whether you think a compression test is a good idea or doesn't matter for a C4S.
I think a compression and/or leakdown test would be prudent on any model 993 you are looking at. I wouldn't consider buying a car w/o having at least one or the other (preferably both) done. It may cost you a few hundred to do, but think of the potential loss it can keep you from. my $.02

good luck
Old 11-21-2005, 01:27 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...Thanks for the opinion I have got pics of both cars and still deciding. I am going to make a decision with the next day or two...
If you are trying to decide based on pics then be careful as Speed Yellow can photograph very differently. If you have never seen it in person you should try to do so, and also compare w/ Fly Yellow which is a Ferrari color. If it was me, I'd go with Fly Yellow...its a brighter color with less of a "honey" shade to it and much more rarer. Good luck!
Old 11-21-2005, 07:39 AM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Do a leakdown test. A healthy engine should be no more than 3-4 percent max ... my current car is between 2 and 3 on all cylinders. The car may still run well even with poor leakdown; I passed on a C2 that had 16 percent on one cylinder and you wouldn't have known driving it. Money well spent.

I had an 88 Carrera that was summer yellow, that's a nice color, too.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Cor2nir
Racer

Thanks for all the feedback so far. Today is the day. I am forcing myself to decide by tonight got some thinking to do and then tomorrow I will contact the owners and let them know and try to get the PPI and Leakdown and maybe Compression done sometime next week as Thanksgiving is quickly approaching us. Also I would like for a Rennlister to go check out the car I choose once I get the PPI results back. I will compensate you for your time as well as I know Time is Money. Thanks again and please keep posting feedback.

Corey
Old 11-21-2005, 03:15 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the feedback so far. Today is the day. I am forcing myself to decide by tonight got some thinking to do and then tomorrow I will contact the owners and let them know and try to get the PPI and Leakdown and maybe Compression done sometime next week as Thanksgiving is quickly approaching us. Also I would like for a Rennlister to go check out the car I choose once I get the PPI results back. I will compensate you for your time as well as I know Time is Money. Thanks again and please keep posting feedback.

Corey
Corey,

If it were me, I'd have a RL check out the car before spending money on a PPI. Otherwise, you might get your turkey early.

Quick Reply: WTB: 1996-1997 993 Speed Yellow C4S or Turbo