Supercups/RSRs in Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Lavant
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercups/RSRs in Atlanta

Hey Folks,

Newbie Rennlist member, first-time poster, and new 993 owner here. I'm just transitioning from ten years with a daily-driver '88 Carrera to a new-to-me '95 993 coupe. My car is completely stock at the moment, but of course I have several mods in mind. After I get the car lowered (H&Rs and Bilstein HDs), I want to do something with the exhaust. I've read a variety of threads from the archives with peoples' perspectives on both Robin's RSRs and the Fabspeed Supercups, but I'd sure like to hear them both in person before making a purchase decision. I do tend to like things on the loud side, but I want to hear how loud those Supercups really are...

Are there any Supercup or RSR owners in the Atlanta area who'd be willing to let me hear their cars before I lighten my wallet?
Old 10-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Harvey Yancey
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are planning on driving the car on the street a lot the Supercups will probably be too loud. I have them on my car right now and if I drive more than 15 minutes I had to put in ear plugs ... no kidding.

That being said I ran them at our Driver's Ed at Carolina Motorsports Park this past weekend and they sounded and worked great. Oil temps were down, etc.
Old 10-12-2005, 07:39 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One of the funnest parts of the day is in the morning at work driving up the parking garage ramp with the Supercups...
Old 10-12-2005, 08:30 PM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 25 Posts

I drive everywhere with my Supercups. They kick a$$! I love em'. If you don't mind that your car sounds like a race car, it's awesome. They are a little loud, but you actually get used to it. I did!
Old 10-12-2005, 10:12 PM
SFreeman
Advanced

Welcome Chris, I have RSRs and can help you out. I made the move from an '87 daily driver to a '95 as well. I live/work downtown, happy to meet up somewhere. Send me a pm and we can swap cells/emails.
Old 10-13-2005, 12:17 AM
cabrio993
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Chris,

Weclome to Rennlist.

I am in the Alpharetta area. I have Bilstein/HR combo and RSR's in my cab. If you don't hook up with SFreeman and want to hear the RSR's send me a PM.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:00 AM
Lavant
AutoX

Thanks, guys. Stacy, I sent you a PM with my contact info.

Now, to find someone with Supercups!

Quick Reply: Supercups/RSRs in Atlanta