Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 Registry

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 07:50 PM
ZombiePorsche44
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

"Big Brother List" Ray? That is one of the most paraniod statements I've heard in a long time. Are you the President of the J. Edgar Hoover fan club?.............or is it just a Pittsburg thing?......

Would someone please explain exactly what you're afraid of ?????? There's not one dang thing you can do to harm me with my VIN & the fact I own a 1995 993 so I really don't get it.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Ray, tell him what you think of people in California
Old 09-20-2005, 08:46 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Harvey Yancey
I setup this site with the intentions of providing a dedicated support/information avenue for 993 owners and enthusiasts.
Kinda like John D did

Old 09-20-2005, 08:48 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Oh yeah, there are a bunch of pcar regestries listed in the back of the lastest Pano this month.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:32 PM
Harvey Yancey
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry ... I do not know who JohnD is. But judging by your tone I take it that you are inferring something 'shady' is going on here. Is that the case? Please clarify.

In reference to other registries being in the back of Pano ... I am not sure I see your point since there is not a 993 Registry currently. However this registry may end up on that list in the near future.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:40 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Sorry ... I do not know who JohnD is.

John D.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:50 PM
grmnxtc
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John D.

John D.

Allow yourself ... to introduce.... yourself....

P.S. I signed up Harvey!
Old 09-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Sorry ... I do not know who JohnD is. But judging by your tone I take it that you are inferring something 'shady' is going on here. Is that the case? Please clarify.

In reference to other registries being in the back of Pano ... I am not sure I see your point since there is not a 993 Registry currently. However this registry may end up on that list in the near future.

Shady???? Only John D is "shady". Your interpretation was wrong.

As to paragraph two, I was pointing out that there are a lot of legit registries out there, which I thought might add legitimacy to your efforts. I can remove that reference if you like

(BTW I can only imply, I can't infer in this case, and i wasn't doing either.)

Last edited by Mike in Chi; 09-20-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by John D.

John D.
that's a shady wink if I ever saw one...
Old 09-20-2005, 10:43 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

993 Registry, great idea - I just joined with my 95 C2, I'm lucky #13! I want to go on record recommending a 356 Registry-style logo for the stickers, they have a great "old school" look that fits the personality of the last 911s very well!

By the way, for any of you who are scared of divulging personal information like that online, here's the deal... if someone wants your personal information, they can easily get it WITH OR WITHOUT the 993 Registry. I can learn more about you in a few hours online than even you know about yourself - that's the reality of the digital age, and it doesn't matter how protective you are of your information. (Not that I would recommend posting your Social Security and Bank passwords on chat rooms, but car VIN and name and address are harmless)
Old 09-20-2005, 10:49 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by pcar964
I can learn more about you in a few hours online than even you know about yourself - that's the reality of the digital age, and it doesn't matter how protective you are of your information.
Can you do a couple hours on Ray Calvo?

We'd all like to see what you uncover.

But whatever you do, don't do a search on Fill. There are some things you don't want to know...
Old 09-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Has a Jim Bob Jumpback registered yet?
Old 09-20-2005, 10:57 PM
pcar964
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Can you do a couple hours on Ray Calvo?

We'd all like to see what you uncover.

But whatever you do, don't do a search on Fill. There are some things you don't want to know...
"Don't ask the question lest you're prepared to hear the answer."
Old 09-20-2005, 10:59 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Shady???? Only John D is "shady". ...
Shady??? Hell - I'm not shady.... Just...
Left in the dark.......

BTW - if this "993 Registry" is going to be in the back pages of PANO - why not take out a big AD in PANO to launch it? Remember - according to some at PCA - "John D. is the anti-Christ" (their words) and "Rennlist is a bunch of chip-eating-beer-swilling wanna-be-Porsche-owners" (again, a direct quote from another PCA faction)... If the “993 Registry” makes it as a “PCA Register” – please let them know it was launched on Rennlist – not by or through any effort of PCA.

In addition to my personal feelings- I wish any effort which encompasses any party (owner or not) much success. More so when those efforts encompass all enthusiasts - and whether they have a VIN or not... I believe I can say that, as - I've been delivering Rennlist with Jen for almost a decade now – to folks who simply want to share the enthusiasm - whether they have a Porsche or not. 250,000 folks a day - and over 130,000 subscribed to the various areas of Rennlist.

And yea – I recently dropped my PCA Membership after numerous years of membership – after being the newsletter chair for my region for many years, being a PCA National Instructor, Instructor Mentor - and most recently - developing the Parade website for the 50th year Parade. And yea – I still donate our resources to PCA as Rennlist – look at the Gallery for this year’s Parade and my design/programming (along with Ellen Beck, who was as diligent in making it the "best it could be" for anyone) as, it is still the Parade 2005 site.

I’ve more than paid my dues to PCA – in more ways than one - including what Rennlist has done for PCA - by being their "on-line Forum" to post and support local, regional, national events, new areas and launch new PCA inititives.

In short - a simple "thank you - you shady character" might have gone a long way. But - I doubt it is forthcoming from PCA.

So please - don't tell me about "Registrys'", PCA and how it might be in the back pages of Pano.

Frankly - I could give a damn.

And I suspect - I'm not alone.

Just MNSHO - FWIW.

John D. (<----who is this guy??? )
Old 09-20-2005, 11:15 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

John

Can pcar964 still research Ray?

Quick Reply: 993 Registry