Latest mods

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 03:10 AM
'95 993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default At long last pics - car and bushes

Pics as promised:

Front and rear of car, interior and pics of mounts front and rear.

Ran the car at Donnington yesterday (full race circuit), awesome acceleration from the hairpin the LWF and torque from the remap really kicks ***!
Attached Images      
Old 09-07-2005, 04:57 AM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 97 Posts

JC,
I still think that you need to try the car on track with a set of 18" fitted.....I'm sure you could then outpace a standard RS with relative ease.

On your second photo above of the front subframe mount you can see how the bush lowers the subframe and hence changes the rake of the suspension, I believe that this reduces the kinematic toe-in when the car rolls. The U piece bolted at the front is the end of the box section light alloy crossmember that carries the gearbox undertray, this is relocated above the subframe to keep the undertray at the original height.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:03 AM
'95 993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, colin,

already started looking for a set of 18" wheels (ideally lightwheel BBS) - got any ideas / deals on offer?

I trust your advice, it was spot on with the other items.

The black and red RS's with the manthey kit, which you have worked on to squeeze more power from , were at Donnington yesterday, I had fun keeping up (almost) with them.

BTW the carpraphic system recorded 105db at 3/4 revs at Goodwood.

Lots of fun!!

John
Old 09-07-2005, 06:31 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 97 Posts

I have a spare pair of used cargraphic fronts, if you can find a pair for the rear you may be in business.

As for Red and Black RS, I think you would struggle to keep with them on the faster straights, but both are owned by relatively new owners who are still getting to grips with them, so don't count your chickens!

Quick Reply: Latest mods