R & R Litronic bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 01:26 AM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, the right side light went out again. Tried reseating all the connections to no avail, so I swapped the rear covers, which contain some electrical box (control module?), and determined that the "module" was indeed the bad part, as the dead light moved to the left side of the car. Decided to put the dead low beam back on the right side, for safety, so I switched the starters back to their original positions until I could get a replacement part.

Now both low beams work again.

Maybe I will get a can of contact cleaner and spray the hell out of all the connectors on the right side.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:35 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

My passenger side low beam (Litronic) went out the other day. Actually, it stopped working after I removed the headlights for cleaning. I have inspected the connectors and can not find anything amiss. I wanted to switch bulbs today, but could not get the retainer off. Did someone find it necessary to make the actual bulbs theftproof?!

Is there a trick to getting the retaining collar off without firing up the Dremel?

Andreas
Old 12-09-2005, 02:01 AM
Jack Esposito
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Andreas,
First locate the 2 tabs that lock the collar on so you know what you are fighting against. You have to push done hard on both sides of the collar at the tab locations while trying to rotate the collar. It took me awhile to figure it out to get mine off.
Good luck.

Jack
Old 12-09-2005, 02:04 AM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AOW162435
My passenger side low beam (Litronic) went out the other day. Actually, it stopped working after I removed the headlights for cleaning. I have inspected the connectors and can not find anything amiss. I wanted to switch bulbs today, but could not get the retainer off. Did someone find it necessary to make the actual bulbs theftproof?!

Is there a trick to getting the retaining collar off without firing up the Dremel?

Andreas
I did it by prying up the tabs on the collar surrounding the bulb. It is not easy to get to the one on the inner side. Be very careful not to let the bulb go sideways while you are doing this, or the fragile wires will break. BTDT.

You could try swapping out the back covers to see it it is the bulb or the control assembley. Those are interchangeable. Frankly, I still haven't figured what is the actual problem - I know it is not the bulbs, because they both are new I am thinking it may be the unit on the inside of the fender, but haven't had time to play with it. The problem was kind of intermittant.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:59 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 232 Posts

You have to push done hard on both sides of the collar at the tab locations
Jack,
Are you referring to the 'ears' that stick out from the actual retainer, or the tabs that are crimped inwards?

Andreas

Quick Reply: R & R Litronic bulbs