Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 02:29 AM
Pete Lech
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG-BRO
I put in the over-ride switch last week (including the blinking LED in the switch as a reminder it's on), and am glad I have it as an option. Yes, in "normal" driving the overall system works OK, but when sitting still in hot weather the temp creeps up and having the option to flip the fan on brings it right down quickly. And today at the track....yes, it sure comes in handy. Gives me the ability to get the temp down after coming off the track.
The blinking LED is news to me, but I have been off the list for a while. Where did you get that switch? I used a factory fog litte switch in the blank on the right side of the dash.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:52 AM
BIG-BRO
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do a search for "oil +switch" within the 993 forum and you'll get all the data to piece together (in conjunction with p-car-com DIY), here's topic that even has a blinking picture .... (caution requires that you open up the switch and solder inside the switch)

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforu...ad.php?t=141877

....using the 944 Hazard Switch which fits in a blank switch spot in center console with little tweak to the corner posts. (Having a blank spot depends on your car's options ?)

In more recent topic I added this:
FYI - I did some on-line searching for the Linrose flashing LED described in posting referred to (Linrose B4380H, 1 3/4).
Found them at outpost.com $ 2.49 each sku # 452829

Quick Reply: Oil cooler fan bypass - shop's opinion