Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RS Light Weight.......to go or no?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 02:20 AM
gst
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the lwf set out and RS clutch, to be fair, its not a very pleasant experience if you are stuck in traffic, ie. in stop and go situations
also, there is the issue of vibration at low rev, and of course the issue of noise....
Old 07-11-2005, 02:49 AM
993RS
Race Car

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Look at this article which I posted on the LWF:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...&highlight=lwf
Old 07-11-2005, 03:16 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 124 Likes on 65 Posts

My car is in the shop right now having the LWF installed, (I needed a new clutch as well.)
- When I was having the "LWF" talk with my tech, he asked me one simple question, "Are you a white glove driver?" My answer was of course, "not"

Now, I want to say that you also have to take some of this advice with a grain of salt. It is going to change your car, (I was fortunate to test drive a 993 LWF/CLUTCH the other day and I loved it.)
As for your wife, she might like the "refinement" of the DMF.. And as stated, the LWF is cheaper.
- But, why did you buy a 993 if you are looking for "smooth, ease back driving?" You could have bought an Escalade, it even has cup holders.

Point is, there is not a HUGE difference IMHO.. I didn't notice any louder engine noises or low RPM nuisances. But I certainley did enjoy the new pickup.

If you want to wait a few weeks until I get my car back, you are welcome to come to Hollywood and give mine a test drive.

B
Old 07-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the RS/LWF and LOVE IT!!!! I get stuck in traffic once in a while and it's still no big deal. Never had a stalling problem. Andial's kit is crazy expensive. I got my kit for $1200 delivered and it was the best money I've spent. I also have solid motor mounts and still don't find the gearbox chatter excessive.

Quick Reply: RS Light Weight.......to go or no?