Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aluminum Gauge Ring GB - Details Here (CLOSED)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 10:11 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

The question is, do you want them shining in your face? I like them a bit dull and less reflective.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:15 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Steve,

I think you have a bit of my metal as my largest ring is a tiny bit too small... If you contact Armaturenge direct they seem like good guys and should be able to help you out.

Cheers,

David
Old 08-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

Do you think the tacky stuff is causing it to pop out as it needs more space than adhesive, or do the rings pop out even with a dry fit? Per someone else's suggestion here, I just used Silicone sealant ($3 at Home Depot) and they work great. I didn't need to polish them or anything (just a damp paper towel to wipe off excess silicone) as I like the brushed metal look. If I wanted the all-out bling, I would've gotten the chrome ring but that's not me.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Thanks Caveman. Actually it was with a dry fit that it didn't fit! I pushed it into place like all the other ones but the large tachometer ring didn't even push into place without alot of effort and it wouldn't stay in place, easily popping out. Anyone have a # or address that's in the U.S. for these people? I'm guessing this # is somewhere in this post, but where without reading a million pages?

Rezal: As far as metal polishing the trim rings, didn't realize that would cause too much eye-popping bling - just felt that the rings as delivered were extremely dull and dirty looking so I wanted to clean or polish them a bit. Have a little bling will travel Maybe I'll just try wiping them down first.

Seriously, am I the only one that had a tach ring that wouldn't fit as it was too big?

Steve R
Old 08-03-2005, 11:03 AM
Caveman
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hi Steve,

This is the mail address I used. As far as I know they are a German company without any distributors. The guy's name is Holger Wienhoven and he was very good to deal with. Bit like a German Gert.

Cheers,

David

info@ armaturenringe.de
Old 08-03-2005, 11:13 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Caveman
Hi Steve,

This is the mail address I used. As far as I know they are a German company without any distributors. The guy's name is Holger Wienhoven and he was very good to deal with. Bit like a German Gert.

Cheers,

David

info@ armaturenringe.de
Steve,

Sorry to hear about your fitment issues. David is correct, you can contact Holger via the email that he provided. I believe he may be on vacation at the moment, but i'm sure he'll get back to you asap.

Please let me know if there is anything I can help with. Thanks.

Good luck!
Old 08-03-2005, 11:27 AM
tlark
Drifting

Originally Posted by Arrwin
Steve,

David is correct, you can contact Holger via the email that he provided. I believe he may be on vacation at the moment, but i'm sure he'll get back to you asap.

How long is he on vacation for Arrwin ?
Old 08-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Thanks alot for the email info. I just shot him off an email. No worries here. My car was fine as it was! I just got on the excitement of the aluminum trim bandwagon, not really even knowing if I'd want it or like it. It's like seeing lots of people standing on a long line waiting for food at the county fair - you're drawn to it like an auto accident. You've got to get on line. It's the fascination of getting in on something that everyone wants. Whatever's up there has just GOT to be great! Funny thing is, when I placed the trim rings in my car all except the large one that wouldn't fit, I thought, hmmm - no big deal, not even sure I like it. Maybe after I install them all with the removable putty stuff I'll get a better idea. They looked kind of hokey to me at first, but I'll give them a try.

One of the cheapest "mods" I've done so crowd mentality ruled for me on this one, "not that there's anything wrong with that " OR the trim rings. Just my first impressions.

Steve R
Old 08-03-2005, 11:52 AM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

Steve,

I thought your cheapest mod was the black tape over your CEL

Good luck with resolving the ring issue. All I need now is a RS shifter (and perhaps e-brake handle) to match the "bling" on the dash, and I'll be done. Did I hear someone say "Group buy"? Arrwin?
Old 08-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rezal
Steve,

I thought your cheapest mod was the black tape over your CEL

Good luck with resolving the ring issue. All I need now is a RS shifter (and perhaps e-brake handle) to match the "bling" on the dash, and I'll be done. Did I hear someone say "Group buy"? Arrwin?
Hmm...which is the RS Shifter?

I would like to eventually get this...but mucho $$$....

EDIT: Oh wait..is this it?
Old 08-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Rezal
Burning Brakes

Arrwin,

I was actually thinking of the latter. For the price of the former, I could think of a zillion other more performance oriented mods. Been perusing this old thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...2&page=1&pp=15

Gert has a pretty competitive price but I wouldn't mind buying a used one for less!
Old 08-03-2005, 12:34 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rezal
Arrwin,

I was actually thinking of the latter. For the price of the former, I could think of a zillion other more performance oriented mods. Been perusing this old thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...2&page=1&pp=15

Gert has a pretty competitive price but I wouldn't mind buying a used one for less!
That thread is evil! So much eye candy...

Yes...i wouldn't mind a used one either, although haven't seen any around. May have to get a 3-spoke steering wheel first tho...
Old 08-06-2005, 05:36 PM
dhicks
Drifting

Default Thanks, am very happy with these

Just a note of appreciation, I am very happy with my rings which I have polished and fitted
Attached Images   
Old 08-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Man am I slow installing stuff on my car... Well, I took out the Elmers Clay stuff and rolled it into tiny little ***** and attached it to my Aluminum Trim Rings which I freshly polished with a paper towel and some Metal Polish. I put them on the car this evening and I couldn't believe how much I like them! When I first got them, they were so dull and pasty looking. I put them in place with my fingers and I though they looked tacky in my car. Tonight though, I officially put them on, completing one of the easiest DIY's that I've done.

It wasn't as easy as the "gaffers tape DIY over the check engine light" so that insipid light doesn't shine in my face, but it did take less then 30 minutes and the results are amazing. No, I don't have a pic, as it would look the same as other pics of them already posted here, but trust me, you want these on your car if you haven't ordered them!

I LOVE the look of these things and am happy to have them. I can't wait to drive it now.

Thanks alot, Arrwin.

Steve R
Old 08-11-2005, 01:31 AM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve,

You haven't experienced what I like the most about these rings, yet. At night when the instrument lights are on, the rings sort of act like multicolored halos around the gauges. It helps to brighten up the dash area, but yet doesn't blind you. I love these!

Arrwin... I can't say this enough... Thank you!!

Quick Reply: Aluminum Gauge Ring GB - Details Here (CLOSED)