Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aluminum Gauge Ring GB - Details Here (CLOSED)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 05:36 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got mine in the mail today... Thanks, Arrwin!!!

Will be trying the tip from MikeInfo first... just back from the hardware store and picked this up...

Old 07-20-2005, 05:39 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kkim
Just got mine in the mail today... Thanks, Arrwin!!!

Will be trying the tip from MikeInfo first... just back from the hardware store and picked this up...

Great info guys! I think I will go this route first.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:48 AM
Stuffer
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got mine a over the weekend. Thanks Arrwin!

Can't wait to get 'em on -- unfortunately the car's been sitting at the dealer for almost a week-- they broke my power window switch when they were doing convertible roof recall work, and had no switches in stock.

I'm anxious to see how they look against my silver guages. If anyone has pic's of this, I'd love to see them!
Rennlist Member #040705-4001
'97 C2 Cabriolet Arena Red
Old 07-22-2005, 06:18 AM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just for feedback.. I installed my rings using the sticky tack stuff and it really is a great way to mount these things. Easy to cleanup if you happen to put a bit too much by using a small ball of it to pick up the excess as it sticks to itself. cool stuff....

I hit the rings with some mag wheel polish before installing and it really does bring out a glossy shine. Rejexed the rings to seal the polish then used the tack to mount them.

Rings look great and am very happy with the outcome... Thanks again, Arrwin.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kkim
Just for feedback.. I installed my rings using the sticky tack stuff and it really is a great way to mount these things. Easy to cleanup if you happen to put a bit too much by using a small ball of it to pick up the excess as it sticks to itself. cool stuff....

Rings look great and am very happy with the outcome... Thanks again, Arrwin.
Very cool. Looks like the tack stuff is the way to go. No problem. Just glad everything went so well.
I hit the rings with some mag wheel polish before installing and it really does bring out a glossy shine. Rejexed the rings to seal the polish then used the tack to mount them.
Rejexing? Wow...we are crazy!!
Old 07-22-2005, 10:59 AM
tlark
Drifting

Originally Posted by Arrwin

I believe some still have not received them on the West Coast yet. I hope you guys will get them soon. If you do not receive it by the end of this week, please let me know and I will check with the vendor for you.

Not yet for me too, I'm in the mid-west. Thats why they call it fly-over country I guess. I'll PM you if I don't get them by Monday.

TIA Arrwin
Old 07-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tom Larkins
Not yet for me too, I'm in the mid-west. Thats why they call it fly-over country I guess. I'll PM you if I don't get them by Monday.

TIA Arrwin
Hi Tom,

Please do if you don't receive them by Monday. Hope you get it soon tho!
Old 07-24-2005, 06:44 PM
LeeR
Racer

I received my rings on Friday, and the large center one is bent. Although they are packed fairly well in a bubble wrap envelope, I can see how they would get bent if the envelope gets in an altercation with a heavier package. I'm sending the big ring back and asking that it be replaced.

I fit one of the other ones in and it looks great. I used adhesive putty used for tacking art objects. Just a tiny bit on several places around the ring and it holds fine with no mess, and can be removed anytime with no damage to either surface. I used the same putty putting rings on my Boxster a year ago, and they have held with no problem. Can be purchased at any art supplies store. Here's a link to the stuff I used: UHU tac
Old 07-24-2005, 08:22 PM
Chuck W.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 358 Likes on 212 Posts

More photos!!
Old 07-28-2005, 05:47 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Hi Guys,

By this time, everyone should have received their rings. I have been informed that two people so far have not received their's and I am looking into it. Since we had this ongoing thread and I have not heard others not receiving their sets, therefore I assumed everyone had already received their's.

If this is not the case, and you have not received your set of rings yet, please let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited by Arrwin; 07-28-2005 at 06:30 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Racer944
Racer

Arrwin;

Just for the record, I got mine mid last week and installed them last night using Mike's trick. VERY nice tasteful, subtle addition to the car. Love em!

Thanks for all your help on this GB!

Cheers;
Eric
Old 07-28-2005, 06:25 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 815 Likes on 375 Posts

My sincere thanks as well, man.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Really...it was my pleasure guys. Glad I could give back to the community in some way.

I have learned so much from you guys and gained some great friends along the way....
Old 07-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Robert Collins - 96 993TT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Arrwin,
I actually got mine. Thanks so much for organizing this. THey look great but I have NOT had the time to put them on yet. I need to decide which adhesive and get it done.

Thanks
Robert
Old 08-03-2005, 10:05 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Rats - Tried to install my Alum Trim Rings today with the Elmer's Tack Removable Adhesive Putty (searched every hardware store and Staples in my area for it for over a week till I found it at Michaels Craft Store!). I put all the pieces in place to see how they'd look before I used the putty and the largest trim ring is TOO LARGE and won't fit in place! Arghhhhh. It's always something. I can push it into place with a little pressure, but it would just pop out as it's too big.

How do I get this corrected and get another one? Am I the only one that had this happen? Do I mail it back to... germany?!? Thanks in advance... By the way, I can see why you guys polished them first with some sort of metal polish as they are extremely dulled in appearance right out of the plastic.

Steve R

Quick Reply: Aluminum Gauge Ring GB - Details Here (CLOSED)