Right Headlight Socket Alignment Problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 12:33 AM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Right Headlight Socket Alignment Problem

How do you adjust the alignment of the socket that mates with the headlight when you slide the headlight back into the bucket?

Lately, my right low light will not come on when I turn my headlights on. I have swapped bulbs and the bulbs are not the problem. I can "fix" the problem if I slide the headlight in and out a few times. Sometimes, if I pound on the headlight in a certain place with my fist, I can get the headlight to come back on, which leads me to believe it is the socket and headlight being just a bit off.

Is there an adjustment procedure or do I just pull off the fender liner and work from there? Anyone else ever have this problem?

Thanks
Old 06-20-2005, 12:51 AM
Mike J
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Hi Kelly,

I noticed on my car that the headlights do not always align with the power socket. With the headlight out, I usually reach in and move the plug on its holder...the plug attached to the body can move sideways quite a bit and I found when I pull my headlight it seems to move the plug over so it does not align well. Sometimes it takes a few tries before the headlight goes in properly since you cannot see why the plug does not line up.

In my case if the plug does not align the headlight will not seat in all the way and cannot be tightened down with the lever in the trunk. If your headlight does in all the way and still does not work then you either displaced the plug from its holder in the fender or you have bent something.

Have you taken a close look at the pins in the connectors to see if they are bent or screwed up any?

Cheers,

Mike
Old 06-20-2005, 01:31 AM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mike,

I have not examined it closely, yet. Yes, the headlight seats all the way and the lever is able to go to it's locked position. Socket is still in it's holder in the fender.

I'll check for any bent or perhaps pushed back pins in the socket.

Thanks for the ideas.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:45 AM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Problem fixed... seems one of the lowlight pins in the socket was a bit misaligned. I couldn't see it until I could get the socket off of the bracket... which is a trick in itself.

I can see again!!!

Thanks, Mike.

Quick Reply: Right Headlight Socket Alignment Problem