Sponsored by:

Front end vibration

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 10:24 AM
95 C4 993
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front end vibration

When I decelerate, my front end shakes and vibrates a little. Im about due for tires and alignment. Maybe some flat spots causing it was well but doesnt haven when I accelerate, just when I slow down. I replaced my rears (Bridgestone SO3) about a year ago and didnt get an alignment and the fronts have about 16k on them and holding up well. Rears, as I saw quoted in another message "go like bars of soap" which is true. have about 7k on the rears and they are toast. Its a 95 C4 993.

Anyone expereince this situation?
Old 06-09-2005, 01:19 PM
Michael_Philippi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 98 Cab with 18s on the car. I also had a vibration in the front end, more so when braking than at other times. It turns out the wheels/tires needed to be rebalanced. Our cars are fairly light in the front, and thus, small vibrations are more apparent, since there is no weight to mask thier existance. I ended up actually having the fronts re-balanced twice before the vibration went away. You may only be feeling this on deceleration, because weight shifts to the front under this condition. Yet, there is not enough weight to mask the condition. You might also check to see if your front wheels are bent at all, this will also cause a vibration, even if the wheel is balanced properly.
Good luck.
Michael
Old 06-09-2005, 02:28 PM
drmrfi
Instructor

I´ve got two words for you: Hunter 9700.

My mystic vibrations were greatly reduced by this sophisticated balancing technique and should be eliminated completely when the problems diagnosed by the machine (LR wheel bent and LF tire having a flat spot) are corrected.

Mika
Old 06-09-2005, 05:54 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drmrfi
I´ve got two words for you: Hunter 9700.

My mystic vibrations were greatly reduced by this sophisticated balancing technique and should be eliminated completely when the problems diagnosed by the machine (LR wheel bent and LF tire having a flat spot) are corrected.

Mika
Is "9700" a word?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:23 PM
901aero
Burning Brakes

I once had a set of Michelin tires on my older 911 that did that same thing. Turned out the belts were beginning to separate. I thought it was balance, warped rotors, etc. Drove me nuts.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:51 AM
drmrfi
Instructor

Originally Posted by PedroNole
Is "9700" a word?
When typing it crossed my mind that some smart a$$ might comment on this
Old 06-10-2005, 02:28 AM
kary993
Drifting

I had a vibration this weekend before the timed runs at Buttonwillow. I checked all the suspension parts and cleaned my rotor holes which were full of brake dust, took front wheels off and put them back on and everything was fine. Was it the brake dust, I doubt it, was it the wheel balance, I doubt it, it was probably the wheel not quite on flush to the hub. works fine now.

Quick Reply: Front end vibration