Sponsored by:

reprogramming key remote

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 01:54 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks Jeff,

I just called a Dealer up here and they quoted me $80 for the housing. I'm trying another Dealer since it seems that ea Dealer sets their own pricing.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:05 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would still like an answer as to where I need to go to obtain my 4 digit key code. PO never gave it to me when I bought my car. I assume this is the code on the flat key I am missing?

thanks for any help... I've tried emailing the local dealer... no response... I know I'll need this code someday.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:29 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Hey Kelly,

The Parts person from the local dealer here told me the he can get it by the VIN#. When I purchased my car 2 yrs ago it came with a Clifford Alarm. I had the local dealer change the alarm system back to the Factory one. So all they did was disable the Clifford and reconnected the Factory system and added a new remote. Looking at my bill they did not replace the immobilizer. So I'm pretty sure they were able to get the code.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:42 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Mahalo, Scott. Does this mean I can call any P-car parts person to get the info as long as I give them the VIN? I dislike having to deal w/ the local dealer.

I'll give that a try.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:05 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

I just did the change over to the Key Chain remote housing. It's a lot nicer and thinner than the switch blade. Not sure if I'm going to cough up over 100bucks for just a extra remote though.

Kelly, Eh Brah PM if you have problems trying to get Dakine CODE.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:24 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAHRERA
Kelly, Eh Brah PM if you have problems trying to get Dakine CODE.
Shoots... Tanks, eh!??
Old 06-03-2005, 10:46 PM
donsacto
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get the remote housing from www.sunsetimports.com for $36 p/n 993-618-959-12. Lighted keyhead is $9 p/n 944-538-041-00
Old 06-04-2005, 10:53 AM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Kelly,

I also purchased my car without the key-code. I tried getting it from a dealer just a mile from me but they said they could not get it and I would need a new immobilizer. I called another dealer about 30 minutes away that said no problem just bring the car in with proof of ownership. It took them about 30 seconds to retrieve it and I was on my way.

Shawn
Old 02-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Bmahoney5959
Rennlist Member

Default Help with Instructions for Remote Re-Programming?

Hi-

I'm hoping someone can help with my failure to get these instructions to work (repasted below). I'm trying to get my 2nd key remote to work (batttry fresh/light goes on). Here's what happens when I try the instructions:

1. I unlock the car with the remote and wait 4-5 minutes for the immobilizer to prime. I've also tried doing the unlock/lock/lock sequence that was suggested in a separate post. That didn't change my results.

2. I switch the ignition on. I've tried not turning it all the way on. When I do this the remote light just stays on. When I turn the ignition all the way on, my alarm goes on. The remote symbol warning light doesn't flash and never goes out. I know it's supposed to shut off after 15 seconds. None of the variations I tried on those instructions would get it to work.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.

-Brian
Black 96 cab

1. Unlock the car with the remote and wait at least 3 minutes for the immobilizer to prime.

2. Switch the ignition on. The warning light (looks like a remote symbol) in the clock will go on and then off after 15 seconds.

3. Switch the ignition off and on again within 5 seconds. The warning light in the clock will light up and start to flash after 15 seconds.

4. Start to enter the key code within 5 seconds. Enter the code by turning the key off-on for each digit of the code. Wait for the warning light in the clock to come back on between each digit of the code. For example: 1302

1 = ignition off-on
wait for warning light to come on
3 = ignition off-on, off-on, off-on
0= ignition off-on (10 times)
2=ignition off-on, off-on

5. If the number was entered correctly the warning light will flash after the last digit is entered. When the light is flashing the remote can be programmed and MUST be programmed within one minute.

6. Press the button on the remote until the LED of the alarm system flashes. Operate all the remotes one after the other, wait for the LED to flash after each.

7. When all of the remotes are programmed (no more than 4) switch the ignition off.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:01 AM
swmic

Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Brian,

Check one of my earlier post on the subject. I also had problems with the procedure programing my second remote. It's been a couple of years so I don't remember exactly what I did step for step. I ended up using a key in the door to do the initial unlock/lock maneuver while sitting in the car. It was strange but it worked.

Shawn
Old 02-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 911 Likes on 549 Posts

Around p 22 of the manual, the last step says that you have to start programming each subsequent remote within a very short time of finishing the previous remote programming.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:27 PM
CarmG993
Burning Brakes

Kinf of on topic - When do you hear the chime (beep)? When arming or disarming the car?
I have wanted to ask this question previously, but didn't get around to it, so this seems like a good time. I seem to be having no issues, car locks and unlocks, immobilizer light blinks. But I think mine beeps when I disarm - Is this correct?
Old 02-17-2006, 02:46 AM
LJ993
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I too had similar problems with my remote. I took it to Pioneer here in San Diego. After about an hour they couldn't figure it out. I need to take it in and drop it off, $$$$$$$. They did find that that security system was set for Sweden, go figure. I was told that there are several country codes that change the alarm sequence/flashers/lights, etc. Until I get the second and third remotes set I am a little nervous about losing the one good one that I have. Good Luck! Phil

Quick Reply: reprogramming key remote