Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long distance drive, bypasses, supercups, cc inserts....

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 12:14 AM
HK G36C
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

Red: you are right...I lost my mind in a moment of excitment, but my ears woke me up with good kick in the ****.... Half way to get my hearing back....
Old 06-03-2005, 02:14 AM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default National Institute of Health site on deafness

Some may be interested in the National Institute of Health's Wise Ears campaign. The site aims to educate the public about noise-induced hearing loss. Also, this week's Newsweek (June 6) has a cover article about hearing loss. It is occurring in epidemic proportions in middle age compared to its previous peak in the elderly a generation ago. Can anyone guess why?

Hearing loss is easier to prevent than treat, but like most things, it is hard to convince people to prevent something. This is especially true if the act of prevention involves any positive action or deferral of short term gratification. But some may wish to take action, and the site provides advice along the lines of: don't run stupidcups on your car, try to wear ear plugs when using power tools, your iPod is not your friend (at least at loud volumes), and, if you have a noisy job, be sure to protect your hearing at work.

Saving one cochlear nerve cell at a time, I remain,

Mike Lincoln
Old 06-03-2005, 02:41 AM
HK G36C
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 34 Posts

I read the article. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Long distance drive, bypasses, supercups, cc inserts....