993 Forum 1995-1998

'97 993CS

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 506 Posts

I had my PPI done at Princeton Porsche when I bought my car. They did a very good job.

I currently have my car serviced at Bodymotion and would highly recommend them but they are probably a little far away. http://www.bodymotion.com/

No affiliation...
Old 05-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

Good Luck with the PPI and keep us posted.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:02 PM
prez!
Instructor

Steve, I looked at buying this car and had a PPI at Cherry Hill dealer. The car has issues, if you would like to discuss let me know.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:02 PM
9elheven
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

I concur that Cherry Hill Imports on Route 70 in Cherry Hill is probably the leading candidate for the PPI, mainly due to proximity, although I have never dealt with them before and can't attest to their knowledge and ability. I agree that Bodymotion is a bit too far away; there are a few choices on the PA side of the river, but again that's farther away. I saw this car in person a few days ago, and I must say I was disappointed in the paint quality (it looked faded to me). The description of the seats as "being like new" is inaccurate to me, as they looked a bit worn with "character lines" and in need of a good leather treatment. The wheels had scuff marks as well, as one would expect with over 60k miles. It made me wonder what else was up with this car.
Old 05-30-2005, 09:59 PM
Malibusteve
Addict
Rennlist Member

The auction just ended at $36,900. This is the 4th or 5th time offered in the past 2-3 mths with the
car never meeting its' reserve. The item description indicates orginal clutch etc., however, after I contacted the Dealer I was informed that a new clutch as been put in along with new valve cover and timing belt cover gaskets. Moreover, there is some issue with one of the doors requiring some work.
With your input and the above info too many issues and inconsistencies to resolve to make it worth my time or effort. I no longer have an interest in the car.

Homework pays off. Onward and upward.... Seek and ye shall find!!
Old 05-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by Malibusteve

Homework pays off. Onward and upward.... Seek and ye shall find!!
Again, the power of RL. Steve good luck in your search. We'll be here to lend a hand and we'll also be here to celebrate when you do find your new car.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:34 PM
Malibusteve
Addict
Rennlist Member

Tony, I agree completely. RL has been a wonderful source of information and guidance ever since
I have been a member. What a sense of security we all have and can gain from each other. I know
my fellow members have saved me many a "dollar", but more importantly assisted in giving me the
knowledge to care for my P-cars, find well cared for P-cars, and when the time comes, pass them on to other respected members. Whenever I consider any P-car move the Rennlist is my first step.

Regards to all .......
Old 06-10-2005, 10:50 AM
esp53
4th Gear

Default Already did a PPI...

Cherry Hill Porsche already evaluated this car.... here are the remaining issues:

> CEL history - documented secondary air problem (not repaired)
> Drivers Door stop pulled out
> Engine out for clutch and oil leaks at 67K but 60k service never completed
> Incomplete service history.

2 Prior owners. Last must have decided to bail instead of spending the $ for the required repairs.

Not a bad car. Clean body and paint, interior.

If you want to invest a few $ and are willing to take the risk...
Old 06-10-2005, 11:03 AM
Malibusteve
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks...........Not worth the extra $$, IMHO, unless the owner is willing to take less. I offered less
and was told the car already has a buyer. Hopefully they have been paying attention.

Regards,

Quick Reply: '97 993CS