Sponsored by:

Rear Blower problem - Please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 12:40 AM
jkuniverse
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Blower problem - Please help

The rear blower in the engine compartment used to blow air after the engine shut off to cool down - it used to cycle on and off for 15-20mins. But now it is not functioning at all and the weather is getting warmer and I'm concerned. The fan does work as a part of the heater system - when the CCU temp **** turned away from blue dot. I've done some extensive search but I've not found specific to my problem. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by jkuniverse; 05-25-2005 at 12:56 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:42 AM
Toga
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Hi Jason,

I found this about the rear blower.

This might also be of some help to diagnose:

Originally Posted by Randall G.
Hey Fred,

The rear blower resistor is easy enough to test. In the engine fuse box, simply jumper #2 (or #3) in the relay plug to #7. The fan should run in slow speed. If the resistor is failed, no fan operation (open circuit).

While you're back there, you can switch the relay with either the oil cooler or condenser fan relays. You know the slow-speed contact on the condenser fan relay is good if your condenser fan runs continuously when you turn on the A/C.

Do at least check your fresh air intake servo motor and bypass air flap.

Good luck!
Old 05-26-2005, 01:34 AM
jkuniverse
Racer

Default Still not working...

Thanks Toga, So far I've checked the relay in the engine compartment to be ok. The blower works when I unplug the sensor connector - see red circle. I've read in other topics that a bad sensor (red circle) or the resistor (blue circle) can cause the blower to stop working to cool the engine after the shut off. Where do I go from here? I need more advice from you folks out there please. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:10 AM
jkuniverse
Racer

Default It's working - it was never broken in the first place

It was never broken in the first place. Many many thanks to Randall G.!!! A 'home-made' test suggested by Randall G. to heat the sensor (red circle) with a blow dryer did the trick. I first pull the sensor out of the duct (with the connector attached)...got it hot and the fan came on like a magic. I guess the engine wasn't getting hot enough to kick the fan on lately - which is a good thing I guess. I feel stupid...but better.

Quick Reply: Rear Blower problem - Please help