993 Forum 1995-1998

Review of Evo Uprights after a couple months of use

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 12:00 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Review of Evo Uprights after a couple months of use

For those of you that have considered going to the Evo Uprights to take care of the bump steer issues on our lowered cars, I have to give a big thumbs up on the mod.
Over the last few months I have paid close attention to the car's steering response over the same bumps that used to be a PITA after I originally lowered the car. The steering is considerably smoother and provides much better feedback.
In the past few autocross events I haven't felt much of a difference as the asphalt has been much more flat than on normal street driving. I will update after a DE at IRP at the end of June.

Last edited by akolodesh; 05-24-2005 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Geoffrey
Nordschleife Master

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

They are a great upgrade, unfortunately, they are No Longer Available from Porsche Motorsport. They have none in stock and will not be getting any as they no longer have priority support for the 964 and 993 based race cars. Their focus is on the 996 based race cars.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:12 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

interesting to know. I got mine through Viperbob. Not sure whether or not he has any left.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

I have as many as one wants,.....

PMS no longer supports any air-cooled cars.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:52 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

This is a Euro part that RS car used correct? Then worst case would be getting them from overseas?

Alex,
IRP will certainly test your cars ability to handle "bumps"... Might bring a mouthguard as well.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:01 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

Greg,
I have heard mixed reviews of IRP. Just did IRAC II autoX at Kil-Kare this past weekend (in the rain).

OVR PCA is having DE/club racing at Putnam at the end of June. The form states "experienced drivers" for the DE as there are no instructors for it. I am a bit nervous about going out there for the DE with a bunch of experienced drivers. Have you attended this particular event in the past? Any thoughts about it?
Old 05-24-2005, 05:25 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by akolodesh

OVR PCA is having DE/club racing at Putnam at the end of June. The form states "experienced drivers" for the DE as there are no instructors for it. I am a bit nervous about going out there for the DE with a bunch of experienced drivers. Have you attended this particular event in the past? Any thoughts about it?
Alex it is actually the weekend of July 15-17 , not June. I think you would be fine since you will have another weekend or two under your belt by then. Just to be sure you may want to talk with Jim Briggs or Jerry Wolf prior to signing up since they are the head honchos.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:35 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

you are right about the dates - thanks. I was thinking of just going up for that Friday. I will contact them to discuss. Thanks again.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:49 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

First two upgrades I did to my TT were the EVO uprights and a LWF/carbon clutch. Many, many mods later they are still the most valuable. When you enter NASCAR 1 off the infield straight at Cal Speedway, there's a noticable bump as you leave the flat and progress onto the banked oval. You do this while turning slightly left at about 125+ while simultaneously shifting into 5th. Without the bump steer uprights, that big wall above you is only a hop, skip, or bump steer away.....

Quick Reply: Review of Evo Uprights after a couple months of use