Sponsored by:

Pics of Latest Mods...Pre-Install

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 01:49 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Pics of Latest Mods...Pre-Install

As factory-prone as I am on modifications, here are a couple aftermarket items that I have decided to put on my car... all reversible of course

From Pelican:
OEM 3M Rear StoneGuards

From Gert:

GT2 replica strut brace
Front Protection Bar
New Headlight Lenses

From TomF:
New-in-box Catz HID
Attached Images  
Old 05-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice mods... Have fun Joanathan.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:25 PM
SCMomentum
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jonathon,

How bad were your lens covers? When you install the new ones you should cover them with 3M material. I just had mine done (although it would be easy to do yourself) and it is unnoticeable and the heat of the bulbs doesn't affect it at all. Easy insurance.

I'm getting the Transformer mounting bracket from Chris and am researching the HID kit stuff. I just want to do it as stock as possible so that should the need arise I can switch back. I know that you posted a question about this....do you mind passing along any words of wisdom about this when time permits? You can e-mail me at: bakeman@earthlink.net

Thanks,
Dave
Old 05-21-2005, 03:41 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by SCMomentum
Jonathon,

How bad were your lens covers? When you install the new ones you should cover them with 3M material. I just had mine done (although it would be easy to do yourself) and it is unnoticeable and the heat of the bulbs doesn't affect it at all. Easy insurance.

I'm getting the Transformer mounting bracket from Chris and am researching the HID kit stuff. I just want to do it as stock as possible so that should the need arise I can switch back. I know that you posted a question about this....do you mind passing along any words of wisdom about this when time permits? You can e-mail me at: bakeman@earthlink.net

Thanks,
Dave
My lens covers werent all that bad, but I figure at about $150 for the pair of new ones, not a bad mod. I do also plan to cover them with 3M since they are going on brand new. As you can see in the picture, I also bought new seals.

I will send you an email later, but have to say I dont have much information on this. To be honest, the mod makes me a little nervous, so I might get some help for installing it. I dont really want to make any holes and dont want to cut up wires... Despite reading several DIY HID posts on here, havent really seen one specific to the Catz HID kit that I just bought from TomF.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:49 PM
tlark
Drifting

Jonathan, would be great if you could do a DIY of the rear stonegaurd install w/pics if possible. It would be nice if at some point the RL would have some DIY section like Pcar. When my Sparco seats get in this Tues I'm gonna start a thread like the intercooler removal I did in the TT forum. The P-car site is great, but other DIY's could be added. TIA and nice choice of mods.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:04 PM
LivinginParis
Advanced

Hi Jonathan,

Just wanted to give you a tip. When you install the stoneguards do it with a lot of water with detergent in it. That way you can easily correct it when you install them on the car.

Ciao
Old 05-21-2005, 04:06 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LivinginParis
Hi Jonathan,

Just wanted to give you a tip. When you install the stoneguards do it with a lot of water with detergent in it. That way you can easily correct it when you install them on the car.

Ciao
thank you!
Old 05-21-2005, 04:23 PM
SCMomentum
Burning Brakes

There are two solutions to use....the one with the detergent to allow movement of the material and another with alcohol in it to activate the adhesive properties and set it into place.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:07 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 175 Likes on 105 Posts

That strut bar is amazing. Good choice. Enjoy it.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:19 PM
MonkeyBoy
Racer

The stoneguards go on very easily - there's a good video on how to do it on the invincashield website. Careful with the alcohol - once you activate the adhesive with it, you have very little time to move it around.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:07 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Jean
That strut bar is amazing. Good choice. Enjoy it.
sad to say, I went to install the strut bar today, and it doesnt fit. It is too long by about an 1/8 inch...(estimating). I guess Ben in Plano, TX and others were right in recommending the adjustable Cup brace instead. Although my car has never been in an accident, I put the brace up against another local 993 to see if it was just my car...didnt line up right on that one either. I am hopeful that Gert will allow me to exchange this one for a Cup brace since it doesnt fit. Bummer, I really liked the idea of the single piece...
Old 05-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
sad to say, I went to install the strut bar today, and it doesnt fit. It is too long by about an 1/8 inch...(estimating). I guess Ben in Plano, TX and others were right in recommending the adjustable Cup brace instead. Although my car has never been in an accident, I put the brace up against another local 993 to see if it was just my car...didnt line up right on that one either. I am hopeful that Gert will allow me to exchange this one for a Cup brace since it doesnt fit. Bummer, I really liked the idea of the single piece...
Thats Odd.

I have a GT2 strut brace, and if fit fine.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:38 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Fill
Thats Odd.

I have a GT2 strut brace, and if fit fine.
Is yours a replica bar from Gert at Carnewal? If it is, perhaps I just got hold of a bad batch or something... Having tried it on two 993s, I am pretty confident that it is not the right size... I am not worried though, I know Gert will make it right...
Old 05-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Jonathan,
I got my bar from Gert a few years ago. Its not a replica.

Is your bar to long, or short?
Old 05-21-2005, 08:05 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Fill
Jonathan,
I got my bar from Gert a few years ago. Its not a replica.

Is your bar to long, or short?
too long

Quick Reply: Pics of Latest Mods...Pre-Install